Help in defining serial port parameters for data transfer

chapeau_melon

Hello,

I'm basicly not a programmer...
I found some C++ codes on the net that almost satisfy me needs, wich
is to communicate with an other device that sends data to me, wich I
have to receive and save into a file.

But here is the problem :

I have a copy of the MS-DOS KERMIT communication program.
When I use this program to show the settings it uses I get the
following list:

These settings seems to be ideal to connect to that other device I
have.
That device sends data over a serial cable to an other pc. On that
latter it saves the data received into a file.

But with the communication C++ codes/scripts I've found, I can see
there is communication but not fully functional as it should like
Kermit does.

Can you help me in defining com port settings based on the list of
settings I've got from Kermit ?

COM1
Local echo : OFF
Handshake character : none
Duplex : Full
Debug: OFF
Modem is ready: DSR is ON
No carrier detect : CD is OFF
CTS (Clear to send) is ON
Speed : 9600
Parity : NONE (8 bit data)
Flow Control : Xon/Xoff
Display : Regular 7 bit
Escape character : ˆ]
Terminal type : VT320
Sent Packet size (max) : 9024
Receive packet size (max) : 94
Start of packet size char : Send : ˆA , Receive: ˆA
End of packet size char : Send : ˆM , Receive: ˆM
Time Out : Send : 8 , Receive :5
Sent as is without protective prefixing
File Type : Binary
EOF mode : No CTRL-Z
Attributes packets : character set : ON
Date Time : ON
Length : ON
Type : ON
File char set : CP437
Transfer char set : Transparent

----------------------------

In fact to be honest I would somebody to help to write a whole script

It should open the com1 port - listen for incomming data - save that
data into a file. Once save it should reinitialise itself to listen
again to incoming data, etc...

Kind Regards for all the efforts in reading this post !!

Victor Bazarov

chapeau_melon said:
[...]

No, sorry, we cannot. Defining port settings has nothing to do with
C++ language, you're totally off topic with this question.

Again, this is totally off-topic here. Try asking in the newsgroup
for your operating system.

red floyd

chapeau_melon said:
The program I'm trying to write is in C++ though ?

So is minesweeper. Should minesweeper questions be valid here?

It's nice that your program is in C++, but this newsgroup is for
discussion of the C++ language as defined by the ISO Standard ISO/IEC
14882, which does not discuss serial ports and their parameters.

You might want to ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your platform. See

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9 for some
possible groups.