    window. kind of like the <a href="mynext.htm" target="_top"> of html

    how can this be done. please advice.
    thanks

    quitaxe, May 15, 2004

  2. quitaxe wrote:
    > hi
    > i am facing this problem when i redirect to a asp page using -
    >
    > Response.redirect "mynext.asp"
    >
    > the problem is that the current page is using frames so this
    > mynext.asp is also getting loaded in the frame itself. i need to
    > remove all the frames and load this mynext.asp in the entire browser
    > window. kind of like the <a href="mynext.htm" target="_top"> of html
    >
    > how can this be done. please advice.
    > thanks

    Use the <FORM> element's target attribute.
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 15, 2004

  3. quitaxe

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You cannot target a specific window from server-side code because the server
    knows nothing of what windows are available. The browser controls the
    windows so you need to user client-side code. Instead of response.redirect
    try outputting HTML containing:

    <script language="javascript">
    top.document.location = "mynext.asp"'
    </script>