help in writing code for modified booths radix4 algorithm using

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Devesh Kishore, Jan 15, 2013.

  1. hi
    can any one help in writing vhdl for " modified booth radix4 algorithm using wallace tree". please do help
    Devesh Kishore, Jan 15, 2013

  2. Devesh Kishore

    Rob Gaddi Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:32:12 -0800 (PST)
    Devesh Kishore <> wrote:

    > hi
    > can any one help in writing vhdl for " modified booth radix4 algorithm using wallace tree". please do help

    This is now the third time you've asked this question between
    comp.lang.vhdl and comp.arch.fpga in about a 12 hour span.

    When I want to perform a multiply in VHDL, I do something like the
    following.

    variable a : unsigned(3 downto 0);
    variable b : unsigned(3 downto 0);
    variable c : unsigned(7 downto 0);
    c := a * b;

    And allow the tools to figure out how to perform the multiply,
    usually by using one of the built-in dedicated multipliers in
    the FPGA I'm using. But I'm going to go out on a wild limb and
    guess that, rather than actually needing to perform a
    multiplication, you're needing to solve a homework problem.

    We are not your professors or tutors. We don't get paid to help
    you with your homework. What help you receive, you will get
    from the goodness of our collective hearts, by way of our very full
    hands. That your assignment deadline is near is a problem that impacts
    you and you alone.

    That said, folks are willing to try to help you learn how to solve
    these sorts of problems, but not to do your work for you. What,
    specifically, are you not understanding about how to implement your
    algorithm? Can you draw it out on paper, with gates and flip-flops,
    and are just having trouble translating that into code? Or are you not
    getting the algorithm itself?

    Do try to be respectful of people's time when you answer. That means
    a) providing detail about what is and is not working for you and b)
    complete sentences written in proper English and punctuated as if you
    actually give a damn.

    Cheers.

    Rob Gaddi, Jan 15, 2013