HELP: Inherited User Control Loses ViewState

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Spam Catcher, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. Spam Catcher

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a CustomUserControl class which inherits from UserControl.

    I have ASCX which inherits from CustomUserControl (instead of UserControl).

    Child controls on CustomUserControl lose their viewstate! But when I switch
    the 'inherit' line back to UserControl, viewstate works as expected.

    My CustomUserControl class is merely a shell at the moment.

    So why does Viewstate break when I extend UserControl? I've saw a couple
    messages on Google Groups but there doesn't seem to be any resolution.

    Any know of a way to extend UserControl?

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Boycott StarForce!
    http://www.glop.org/starforce