HELP: Installed libxml via Fink, can't 'require' it.

theosib

I'm using MacOS X, and I've installed libxml via Fink. Although
spotlight can find the files, no matter what I've tried, "require 'xml/
libxml'" and variants do not work. I've done my best to follow
instructions and example code. Nothing. Any idea what's going on?

theosib

Oops. I made a mistake. I didn't install it using Fink. I installed
"ruby-gems" via Fink and then installed libxml via ruby-gems.

Timothy Hunter

I'm using MacOS X, and I've installed libxml via Fink. Although
spotlight can find the files, no matter what I've tried, "require 'xml/
libxml'" and variants do not work. I've done my best to follow
instructions and example code. Nothing. Any idea what's going on?
Have you enabled rubygems? That is, does your script include

require 'rubygems'

before requiring libxml, or have you defined RUBYOPT=rubygems?

theosib

Have you enabled rubygems? That is, does your script include

require 'rubygems'

before requiring libxml, or have you defined RUBYOPT=rubygems?

I had done that. Still didn't work. However, in the mean time, I
noticed that Fink has a new Ruby libxml2 package, so I installed that,
and that one works.