HELP: intercept request and redirect before page is laoded

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by super todd, May 23, 2005.

  1. super todd

    super todd Guest

    user launches:

    GET http://www.somewhere.com/someVirtual

    we need to intercept and redirect to:

    http://www.somewhere.com/handler.aspx?virtual=someVirtual

    Any ideas how? The key here is that the virtual is removed and passed
    as a parameter to my aspx page somehow. and that all request have the
    same functionality of the stripping and passing of the virtual. Thx

    Business Background: sales sold the product promising that all pages be
    hosted within a company designated virtual. I don't want to be in the
    business of configuring virtual directories for the rest of my life.
    there must be some way to automate this. I think in ASP I could have
    used an ISAPI filter to handle the request, not sure about dotnet.

    Please help. Thx again.

    super todd, May 23, 2005

  2. super todd

    Bruce Barker Guest

    Re: intercept request and redirect before page is laoded

    see httpmodules and url rewriting. google this newsgroup for samples.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, May 23, 2005