Help is needed to get copy of O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmetic in binary computers"

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following
paper:

O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmetic in binary computers"
Proceedings of the IRE, vol. 49, pp. 67-91, Jan. 1961.

It is about 'Modified Booth Multiplication Algorithm'.

Thank you.

Weng

Ralf Hildebrandt

Weng Tianxiang wrote:

I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following
paper:

If your local library cannot provide this paper, ask yourself if you
really need it. If you only want to understand something like a
Booth/MacSorley Multiplier, try to find some papers or tutorials about
it. Even if you don't find a step-by-step tutorial it is possible to
reengineer the idea from a paper, that touches this topic.

Ralf

Weng Tianxiang

Rlaf,
I have two latest prestigious books on arithmetic, one from professors
of Stanford Uni. and another from professors of UCLA and more than 10
papers on 'Modified Booth Algorithm' implementations.

All of them treats 'Modified Booth Algorithm' as a given thing and none
of them gives why. The paper has 24 pages in length. That is the reason
I am trying to find a copy of it and read its original paper.

Thank you for your response.

Weng

Pete Fraser

All of them treats 'Modified Booth Algorithm' as a given thing and none
of them gives why. The paper has 24 pages in length. That is the reason
I am trying to find a copy of it and read its original paper.

Thank you for your response.

I did a quick Google search, and found thar the paper was re-printed in
Swartzlander Vol 1.

Swartzlander, E. E., Jr. 1990. Computer Arithmetic. Los Alamitos, CA:

IEEE Computer Society Press, vols. 1 and 2. ISBN 0818689315 (vol. 1).

QA76.6.C633. Volume 1 is a reprint (originally published: Stroudsberg,

PA: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross). Volume 2 is a sequel.

Contains reprints of many of the early (1960-1970) journal articles on

adder and multiplier architectures.

Worth checking?

bybell

Pete said:
I did a quick Google search, and found thar the paper was re-printed in
Swartzlander Vol 1.

I wonder if that's only available in dead tree...IEEExplore doesn't
have it listed.

http://isiwebofknowledge.com/ has the original document in question,
but that's a pay service. I have no idea how much one can do with a
"trial access" account.

So there it is.

-t

Weng Tianxiang

Pete, thank you for your response.

I finally found the paper through a CS PhD candidate in UCLA. He may
find the journal and told me to mail the copy to my home.

Weng