    It is about 'Modified Booth Multiplication Algorithm'.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Re: Help is needed to get copy of O. L. MacSorley, "High-speed arthmeticin binary computers"

    Weng Tianxiang wrote:

    > I appreciate if you can help me get the copy of the following
    > paper:

    If your local library cannot provide this paper, ask yourself if you
    really need it. If you only want to understand something like a
    Booth/MacSorley Multiplier, try to find some papers or tutorials about
    it. Even if you don't find a step-by-step tutorial it is possible to
    reengineer the idea from a paper, that touches this topic.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Rlaf,
    I have two latest prestigious books on arithmetic, one from professors
    of Stanford Uni. and another from professors of UCLA and more than 10
    papers on 'Modified Booth Algorithm' implementations.

    All of them treats 'Modified Booth Algorithm' as a given thing and none
    of them gives why. The paper has 24 pages in length. That is the reason
    I am trying to find a copy of it and read its original paper.

    Thank you for your response.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Apr 13, 2005
  4. Weng Tianxiang

    Pete Fraser Guest

    "Weng Tianxiang" <> wrote in message

    > All of them treats 'Modified Booth Algorithm' as a given thing and none
    > of them gives why. The paper has 24 pages in length. That is the reason
    > I am trying to find a copy of it and read its original paper.
    >
    > Thank you for your response.

    I did a quick Google search, and found thar the paper was re-printed in
    Swartzlander Vol 1.

    Swartzlander, E. E., Jr. 1990. Computer Arithmetic. Los Alamitos, CA:

    IEEE Computer Society Press, vols. 1 and 2. ISBN 0818689315 (vol. 1).

    QA76.6.C633. Volume 1 is a reprint (originally published: Stroudsberg,

    PA: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross). Volume 2 is a sequel.

    Contains reprints of many of the early (1960-1970) journal articles on

    adder and multiplier architectures.

    Worth checking?

    Pete Fraser, Apr 13, 2005
  5. Weng Tianxiang

    Guest

    Pete Fraser wrote:

    > I did a quick Google search, and found thar the paper was re-printed

    in
    > Swartzlander Vol 1.

    I wonder if that's only available in dead tree...IEEExplore doesn't
    have it listed.

    http://isiwebofknowledge.com/ has the original document in question,
    but that's a pay service. I have no idea how much one can do with a
    "trial access" account.

    So there it is.

    -t

    , Apr 13, 2005
  6. Pete, thank you for your response.

    I finally found the paper through a CS PhD candidate in UCLA. He may
    find the journal and told me to mail the copy to my home.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Apr 13, 2005