HELP!!! JRUN JSP 500 Error

Discussion in 'Java' started by relipse@gmail.com, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello, I am having a problem, when i comment this line of code, it
    doesn't get the 500 error.

    PictureFileScanner pics = new PictureFileFolderScanner(/*
    thisfilefolder + */"/images");

    But when I have it, I get the ugly error (I copied from the JRUN logs
    below)
    the definition is this:
    public PictureFileFolderScanner(String scanDirectory) throws
    IOException

    which calls this
    public PictureFileFolderScanner(File scanDirectory) throws
    IOException
    {
    if (scanDirectory.isDirectory()) {
    this.scanDirectory = scanDirectory;
    }
    else {
    throw new IOException("Not a directory \"" + scanDirectory +
    "\"");
    }

    filter = new PictureFileFilter();
    rescan(); //upon creation of an image
    }

    and here is the rescan() method....

    /**
    * This method scans the directory and appends the list of files
    * to lastPictureNames, depending on what was passed into the
    constructor.
    */
    public void rescan()
    {
    aryPictureList = new ArrayList();

    File[] allPictureFiles;
    allPictureFiles = scanDirectory.listFiles(filter);
    for (int i = 0; i < allPictureFiles.length; ++i) {
    try {
    aryPictureList.add(new
    PictureFile(allPictureFiles.toString()));
    }
    catch (IOException e) {}
    }
    java.util.Collections.sort(aryPictureList);
    }

    07/24 17:49:42 error (class:
    jrun__blooddrive__temporarytesting__photoalbum__index2ejsp31, method:
    _jspService signature:
    (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V)
    Incompatible object argument for function call
    java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
    jrun__blooddrive__temporarytesting__photoalbum__index2ejsp31, method:
    _jspService signature:
    (Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse;)V)
    Incompatible object argument for function call
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at jrun.jsp.JSPEngine.reloadPage(JSPEngine.java:881)
    at jrun.jsp.JSPEngine.loadServlet(JSPEngine.java:862)
    at jrun.jsp.JSPEngine.getServlet(JSPEngine.java:741)
    at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:115)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at
    jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:249)
    at
    jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
    at
    jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:204)
    at
    jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:457)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

    , Jul 25, 2006