Help linking to sites within an iframe

cookj128371

I've divided my page into several different php files which I include i
the index page. I also have an iframe element which points to a separat
html file with separate content. My problem is that when I click on
link inside the iframe, it opens the new page in the iframe windo
rather than sending the entire browser window to the new page.

See my problem here: (when the page loads, click on the link to th
"old N-Files page" and you'll see exactly what I mean)
http://www.porpitude.com

I do not want to use target="_blank" for all links in the iframe, as i
sometimes confuses users. Please help! Thanks
-
cookj12837

Nik Coughin

cookj128371 said:
I've divided my page into several different php files which I include
in the index page. I also have an iframe element which points to a
separate html file with separate content. My problem is that when I
click on a link inside the iframe, it opens the new page in the
iframe window rather than sending the entire browser window to the
new page.

See my problem here: (when the page loads, click on the link to the
"old N-Files page" and you'll see exactly what I mean)
http://www.porpitude.com

I do not want to use target="_blank" for all links in the iframe, as
it sometimes confuses users. Please help! Thanks!

Why are you using an iframe, why aren't you just php include()'ing the
content?

Kris

cookj128371 said:
I've divided my page into several different php files which I include in
the index page. I also have an iframe element which points to a separate
html file with separate content. My problem is that when I click on a
link inside the iframe, it opens the new page in the iframe window
rather than sending the entire browser window to the new page.

See my problem here: (when the page loads, click on the link to the
"old N-Files page" and you'll see exactly what I mean)
http://www.porpitude.com

I do not want to use target="_blank" for all links in the iframe, as it
sometimes confuses users. Please help! Thanks!

The placebo answer to your question is: target="_top"
The real answer to your question is: lose the frames. You have PHP so
there is not reason not to include() recurring content.

rf

cookj128371 wrote

I thought about the problem for quite a while before I went to look at your
site.

Start over. The iframe does not add to your page, it *is* the page.