help! Mailer

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Murugesh, Mar 18, 2005.

  1. Murugesh

    Murugesh Guest

    Hi,

    I tried the following code in Windows after installing Mail::Mailer module
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use Mail::Mailer;
    $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
    $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
    $subject="hi";
    $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
    $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
    To => $to_address,
    Subject => $subject,
    })
    or die "Can't open: $!\n";
    print $mailer $body;
    $mailer->close();

    when compiled it shows,
    Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm

    the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

    Thanks,
    Appu
    Murugesh, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Murugesh <> wrote:

    > I tried the following code in Windows after installing
    > Mail::Mailer module
    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    > use Mail::Mailer;
    > $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
    > $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
    > $subject="hi";
    > $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
    > $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
    > To => $to_address,
    > Subject => $subject,
    > })
    > or die "Can't open: $!\n";
    > print $mailer $body;
    > $mailer->close();
    >
    > when compiled it shows,
    > Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
    >
    > the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

    Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
    sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a Windows
    system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't specify one.
    David K. Wall, Mar 18, 2005

  3. Murugesh

    Murugesh Guest

    David K. Wall wrote:
    > Murugesh <> wrote:
    >

    >>I tried the following code in Windows after installing
    >>Mail::Mailer module
    >> #!/usr/bin/perl
    >> use Mail::Mailer;
    >> $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
    >> $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
    >> $subject="hi";
    >> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
    >> $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
    >> To => $to_address,
    >> Subject => $subject,
    >> })
    >> or die "Can't open: $!\n";
    >> print $mailer $body;
    >> $mailer->close();
    >>
    >>when compiled it shows,
    >>Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
    >>
    >>the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

    > Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
    > sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a Windows
    > system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't specify one.

    I ran the program with --smpt <server-name> option.But it didnt work
    but hangs.What could be wrong?
    Murugesh, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Murugesh <> wrote:

    > David K. Wall wrote:
    >> Murugesh <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I tried the following code in Windows after installing
    >>>Mail::Mailer module
    >>> #!/usr/bin/perl
    >>> use Mail::Mailer;
    >>> $from_address="map\@abcd.com";
    >>> $to_address="rek2345\@yahoo.com";
    >>> $subject="hi";
    >>> $mailer = Mail::Mailer->new();
    >>> $mailer->open({ From => $from_address,
    >>> To => $to_address,
    >>> Subject => $subject,
    >>> })
    >>> or die "Can't open: $!\n";
    >>> print $mailer $body;
    >>> $mailer->close();
    >>>
    >>>when compiled it shows,
    >>>Died @C:\perl\site\lib/Mail/Mailer.pm
    >>>
    >>>the same program works in Solaris.Could you help what is going on

    >> Check the docs for Mail::Mailer. It tries to send mail using
    >> sendmail or qmail, neither of which is likely to exist on a
    >> Windows system, or by using an SMTP server, but you didn't
    >> specify one.

    > I ran the program with --smpt <server-name> option.But it
    > didnt work but hangs.What could be wrong?

    Perhaps your veeblefitzer is clogged. I see no --smpt option in the
    Mail::Mailer docs.
    David K. Wall, Mar 21, 2005