Help make my frames compliant - well and look the same

BoodieMan

The second example doesnt show any borders between frames, but isn't
complaiant with the WC3. The top one is compliant but shows the
borders. I'd like to get the complaint one to not show any borders
between the frames.

Please don't answer with never use forms, as thats not what I am asking.

I am trying to get this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<head>
<title>High School Sports Images</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="80,*" cols="*">
<frame src="FrameTemplateTop.htm" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO"
frameborder="0" noresize >
<frameset rows="*" cols="200,*">
<frame src="FrameTemplateside.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO"
frameborder="0" noresize>
<frame src="oldindex.htm" name="mainFrame" frameborder="0">
</frameset>
<noframes>
This page requires frames
</noframes>
</frameset>

To look like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">
<head>
<title>High School Sports Images</title>
</head>

<frameset rows="80,*" cols="*" frameborder="NO" border="0"
framespacing="0">
<frame src="FrameTemplateTop.htm" name="topFrame" scrolling="NO"
noresize >
<frameset rows="*" cols="200,*" framespacing="0" frameborder="NO"
border="0">
<frame src="FrameTemplateside.htm" name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO"
noresize>
<frame src="oldindex.htm" name="mainFrame">
</frameset>
</frameset>
<noframes><body>

on the screen.

Steve Pugh

BoodieMan said:
The second example doesnt show any borders between frames, but isn't
complaiant with the WC3. The top one is compliant but shows the
borders. I'd like to get the complaint one to not show any borders
between the frames.

Tough. There's no compliant browser. So what is more important to you?
Standards compliance with the standards or borderless frames?
Please don't answer with never use forms, as thats not what I am asking.

Forms? Okay, won't tell you not to use frames. Will tell you not to
use frames though.

Steve