help me ? Application crashing before main

ankit

I made a Cpp application wihich links with shared objects. But when I
runs the application, it crashes surprisingly before entering into the
main() control block. After trying with gdb I came to know it is
crashing while reading symbols from a library. GDB says something like

Reading symbols from
/utran/hmsDO/lib/linux/debug/libNcdd.so...Segmentation fault

and it core dumps. This binary is not part o my project, given by
someone else. but if I use this library in some other application it
works fine. One thing to note here my application was working fine last
week, I rollbacked all the changes (not looking at the checkouted file
in clearcase) but still I got the same problem.

anyone can help me please provide me your valuable suggestion, ideas
and solutions. I will be very gr8full to all.

Moonlit

Hi,

ankit said:
I made a Cpp application wihich links with shared objects. But when I
runs the application, it crashes surprisingly before entering into the

That isn't necessarily surprising. If you have got static objects they may
contain code that will be run before main (i.e. constructors).

The order is undefined.
main() control block. After trying with gdb I came to know it is
crashing while reading symbols from a library. GDB says something like

Reading symbols from
/utran/hmsDO/lib/linux/debug/libNcdd.so...Segmentation fault

and it core dumps. This binary is not part o my project, given by
someone else. but if I use this library in some other application it
works fine. One thing to note here my application was working fine last
week, I rollbacked all the changes (not looking at the checkouted file
in clearcase) but still I got the same problem.

anyone can help me please provide me your valuable suggestion, ideas
and solutions. I will be very gr8full to all.

I guess you need to try to get the source code of the libary.

Regards, Ron AF Greve

http://moonlit.xs4all.nl