Help Me!! Cannot Create Web Projects on Windows Server 2003 with VS.NET 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Hi, Daniel.

    Please read this KB article :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817264

    Let us know if it solves your problem.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ===========

    Daniel Sitima, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Don't works!!
    I already had attemped!!

    Other choice?

    Tks!
    Sitima

    Daniel Sitima, Dec 8, 2004
  4. It's certainly strange that the exact error message
    you get is the very same error message quoted in that
    KB article, yet you say it doesn't work.

    Just to be on the safe side, you *did* create the
    MIME type for the .tmp file in IIS, didn't you ?

    i.e., you did follow this procedure :

    1. In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools,
    and then double-click Internet Information Services.

    2. Expand the (local computer) node,
    and then expand Web Sites.

    3. Right-click Default Web Site, and then click Properties.

    4. In Default Web Site Properties, click the HTTP Headers Tab.

    5. Click MIME Types.
    In MIME Types, click New to register a file extension.

    6. In the Extension textbox, type .tmp .
    In the MIME Type textbox, type temp.

    7. Click OK.

    ---000---

    Did you do that ?

    Juan T. Llibre

    Juan T. Llibre [MVP], Dec 8, 2004
  5. Hi Daniel Sitima,
    That should work as Juan adviced .
    Another option is make sure u have Default Website point to All
    Unassigned!!
    Enjoy
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 9, 2004