Help me. I'm stuck with this web control problem....

Henry

I have this problem and I don't know what I can do. First of all, I have a
page with [ok] and [cancel] button, and 5 <asp:TextBox>'s and when an user
makes changes to each of the textbox content, javascript client side code is
triggered to change the textbox background color property to some other
color. My problem is when I click on the save button(server side), I get a
pop up window (like a message box but it's just a another browser) that ask
if you would like to save. At this point, if [cancel] is selected, the window
will close and the original page with those textbox will show. However, all
the colors that were changed by client side code is now lost because of
postback to server. Is there anyway to keep the textbox control's property
such as (textbox1.style.backgroundColor) when performing postback. What I
tried so far is to store each of the control's name in hidden value
("textbox1;textbox4") but, can't do anything about it further once I have it
on the server side. Is there any other way to achieve this. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks.

Henry

John Saunders

Henry said:
[...]

Don't just store the control name - also store the color you changed it to.
Then, in the ServerChange event handler of the HtmlInputHidden control, you
can change the color of the textbox.

John Saunders