Help me in Specifying Connection string to SQL server 2000 running on remote machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by vighnesh, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. vighnesh

    vighnesh Guest

    Hi All

    I am dealing a project in ASP.NET in which I have to establish a connection
    to SQL Server 2000 database,where the database was located on a remote
    system.
    For this I have used SQLConnection object and specified the connetion
    string.But when it comes to establish a connection its giving me the Error
    that

    I. Connection string : workstation id=localhost;packet size=4096;user
    id=sa;data source=192.168.0.106;persist security info=False;initial
    catalog=db

    Error : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'sa'.
    Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

    then I have inserted one new attribute 'Network = dbmssocn' and modified
    the connection string as below

    II. Connection string : workstation id=localhost;packet size=4096;user
    id=sa;data source=192.168.0.106;Network=DBMSSOCN;persist security
    info=False; initial catalog=db

    then I got the below Error when try to establish a connection.

    Error : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or
    access denied

    Note:

    1. Here the client machine has VS.NET and IIS installed on it and the SQL
    Server 2000 is running on a remote machine but both are in the same
    "Workgroup network".

    2.The authentication mode of the SQL Server 2000 is Mixed Authentivation(SQL
    Server and Windows)

    3.Firewall is also enabled on the remote machine where the SQL Server 2000
    is ruuning,

    4.Both Client and Server running on Windows Xp OS with SP2 installed.

    Hence,I am requesting you people to help in specifying the correct
    connection string(I mean where I have done the mistake)so that I can
    establish a connection.

    5.One more issue is that its working fine when as desktop application(i.e, I
    am able to extablish connection from a desktop application done in
    VB.NET,but wasn't working in web application.)Please let me know my
    mistake...........as I have gone through so many forums and didn't find
    solution for this.

    Thanks in advance
    Vighneswar

    vighnesh, Sep 29, 2005