HELP! Me please. Pass Array of Byte(Image) to a Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by sebascomeau@gmail.com, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Hello my name is Sebastien and I need some help. He have one week
    past and I search to do one thing but I can't. If someone help me, I'll
    be so happy :). My problem is I want to upload a file(image), convert
    this image in an array of byte. Take this array and pass it to a web
    service. The web service take this array of byte and resize the image
    and return a new array of byte. This new array can be save on the
    harddrive. I try to uplaod the image and convert to array of byte but I
    can't see how to do this. And pass it to the web service. If someone
    can give me the code to do this. You are so good. BIG THANKS.

    Spec.:

    Web service:
    - http://www.ceibathurst.com/utility/resizeimage.asmx?WSDL

    Method of the web service:

    - resizeImage(Bytes[] bImg(Array of byte), int iWidth(new Width),
    int iHeight(new Height))
    - resizeImageQuality(Bytes[] bImg(Array of byte), int iWidth(new
    Width), int iHeight(new Height),
    int iQuality(the Quality of the new
    image))

    This two methods return the same thing :
    Byte[] bNewImg (Array of bytes of the new image)

    You can use the interface too give the image :

    - Input type file for the image

    - Input type text for the width
    - Input type text for the heigth
    - Input type text for the Quality(optional, but if is used the
    resizeImageQuality)

    - and a button to execute the resize of the image

    I know that web service work fine with asp.net but I want to use it
    with ASP/VBScript. The code is non longer but If you can give me this
    code quickly, please. Thank you!!!! Sorry with my english if he have
    some mistakes because I'm french. lol

    Contact me!!!
    , Nov 21, 2005