    File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in <module>
    import PyD3DES

    , Jan 31, 2009

  2. andrew cooke Guest

    On Jan 31, 5:36 pm, wrote:
    > C:\Python26>vnc.py
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    >   File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in <module>
    >     import PyD3DES
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    i'm surprised no-one has replied here. what is happening is that the
    vnc module is trying to load a library it needs, called PyD3DES (this
    is a compiled library, a ".dll", not python source). a little
    googling shows that this is part of the vnc package.

    so either the vnc package is not installed correctly, or you have a
    problem with paths.

    since you are using windows i can't help you in any more detail than
    that - hope it helps.

    andrew

    andrew cooke, Feb 1, 2009

  3. John Machin Guest

    On Feb 1, 11:09 am, andrew cooke <> wrote:
    > On Jan 31, 5:36 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > C:\Python26>vnc.py
    > > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > >   File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in <module>
    > >     import PyD3DES
    > > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    > i'm surprised no-one has replied here.  what is happening is that the
    > vnc module is trying to load a library it needs, called PyD3DES (this
    > is a compiled library, a ".dll", not python source).  a little
    > googling shows that this is part of the vnc package.
    >
    > so either the vnc package is not installed correctly, or you have a
    > problem with paths.

    File "C:\Python26\vnc.py" doesn't look like correct installation to
    me.

    My Googling found vnc.py here:
    http://www.darkc0de.com/others/vnc.py

    This appears to be a hack/crack site ... should we be helping the OP
    with this?

    John Machin, Feb 1, 2009
  4. Robert Kern Guest

    On 2009-01-31 19:52, John Machin wrote:
    > On Feb 1, 11:09 am, andrew cooke<> wrote:
    >> On Jan 31, 5:36 pm, wrote:
    >>
    >>> C:\Python26>vnc.py
    >>> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >>> File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in<module>
    >>> import PyD3DES
    >>> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    >> i'm surprised no-one has replied here. what is happening is that the
    >> vnc module is trying to load a library it needs, called PyD3DES (this
    >> is a compiled library, a ".dll", not python source). a little
    >> googling shows that this is part of the vnc package.
    >>
    >> so either the vnc package is not installed correctly, or you have a
    >> problem with paths.

    > File "C:\Python26\vnc.py" doesn't look like correct installation to
    > me.
    >
    > My Googling found vnc.py here:
    > http://www.darkc0de.com/others/vnc.py
    >
    > This appears to be a hack/crack site ... should we be helping the OP
    > with this?

    It's actually just part of PyVNC, a perfectly legitimate VNC client:

    http://bdash.net.nz/svn/projects/PyVNC/

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."