help me python

aolsuppo

C:\Python26>vnc.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in <module>
import PyD3DES

andrew cooke

C:\Python26>vnc.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python26\vnc.py", line 4, in <module>
    import PyD3DES

i'm surprised no-one has replied here. what is happening is that the
vnc module is trying to load a library it needs, called PyD3DES (this
is a compiled library, a ".dll", not python source). a little
googling shows that this is part of the vnc package.

so either the vnc package is not installed correctly, or you have a
problem with paths.

since you are using windows i can't help you in any more detail than
that - hope it helps.

andrew

John Machin

i'm surprised no-one has replied here.  what is happening is that the
vnc module is trying to load a library it needs, called PyD3DES (this
is a compiled library, a ".dll", not python source).  a little
googling shows that this is part of the vnc package.

so either the vnc package is not installed correctly, or you have a
problem with paths.

File "C:\Python26\vnc.py" doesn't look like correct installation to
me.

My Googling found vnc.py here:
http://www.darkc0de.com/others/vnc.py

This appears to be a hack/crack site ... should we be helping the OP
with this?

Robert Kern

File "C:\Python26\vnc.py" doesn't look like correct installation to
me.

My Googling found vnc.py here:
http://www.darkc0de.com/others/vnc.py

This appears to be a hack/crack site ... should we be helping the OP
with this?

It's actually just part of PyVNC, a perfectly legitimate VNC client:

http://bdash.net.nz/svn/projects/PyVNC/

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."