    change in the address bar under conditions A and B?

    Thanks for taking the time to read about my problem,

    , Jan 3, 2006

    Hi Jasen,

    the solution you gave me before works well, I switched my setInterval
    based property watcher from the flash object to the javascript document
    like we discussed and it worked fine with some browser testing I did.
    My new problem pertains from the same project. location.hash doesn't
    update when the anchor hanges.

    > after?

    The following conditions.

    > are these alternatives?

    No, these are the conditions I was refering to above.

    > change the url

    My problem is that I cannot read the address bar after the url changes
    from a back or forward action that doesn't load another, or the,
    document.

    The problem is that I cannot read the address from the location object
    when it changes under the conditions A and B I mentioned earlier.

    You can test it out here:
    http://www.anticipatechange.com/browserSupport/

    set the anchor to:

    test1
    test2
    test3

    Those are valid named anchors in the html, the anchor generation also
    needs to be dynamic, that is another problem that I will be solving
    once I solve this one.

    Thanks again for your help Jasen,

    , Jan 3, 2006

    Hi Jasen,

    Yes, the attribute is not supported on the a tag for netscape 4 and 6.
    You're running flash player 7, I plan on writing the final code for
    players 6+.

    , Jan 4, 2006