    not need other items on the page, only the chess applet.
    Thanks a lot.

    Jenny

    Jenny, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Jenny

    Ann Guest

    "Jenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a chess applet that I want to play offsite, say in a folder
    > c:/chess. Here is the website.
    >

    > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/6544/cccintro.htm
    >
    > What are the files I need to copy into the folder. I tried to copy
    > cccintro.htm and the applet's .jar file. But it does not work. I do
    > not need other items on the page, only the chess applet.
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Jenny

    I tried it too, and got the following message. I'm not up on security
    but maybe someone else can help. I also tried removing almost everything
    except the applet part and get the same result, so it is definately the
    applet causing the trouble.

    C:\>appletviewer cccintro.htm
    (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
    at
    java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
    :269)
    at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:736)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:88)
    at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:715)
    at coffeecc.init(coffeecc.java)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:353)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

    Ann, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Jenny

    Ann Guest

    "Ann" <> wrote in message

    > "Jenny" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a chess applet that I want to play offsite, say in a folder
    > > c:/chess. Here is the website.
    > >

    > > http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/6544/cccintro.htm
    > >
    > > What are the files I need to copy into the folder. I tried to copy
    > > cccintro.htm and the applet's .jar file. But it does not work. I do
    > > not need other items on the page, only the chess applet.
    > > Thanks a lot.
    > >
    > > Jenny

    > I tried it too, and got the following message. I'm not up on security
    > but maybe someone else can help. I also tried removing almost everything
    > except the applet part and get the same result, so it is definately the
    > applet causing the trouble.
    >
    > C:\>appletviewer cccintro.htm
    > (java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
    > at

    java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
    > :269)
    > at

    java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
    > at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
    > at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:736)
    > at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:88)
    > at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:715)
    > at coffeecc.init(coffeecc.java)
    > at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:353)

    Since you are only interested in running the game, I went to the
    author's web site download page:
    http://www.nchess.com/download.html
    scroll down to freeware section and download the zip file.
    unzip in a directory and run "cccmain.htm"
    it works fine.

    Ann, Dec 8, 2004