Help me to play Applet offsite

Ann

Jenny said:
Hi,

I have a chess applet that I want to play offsite, say in a folder
c:/chess. Here is the website.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/6544/cccintro.htm

What are the files I need to copy into the folder. I tried to copy
cccintro.htm and the applet's .jar file. But it does not work. I do
not need other items on the page, only the chess applet.
Thanks a lot.

Jenny

I tried it too, and got the following message. I'm not up on security
but maybe someone else can help. I also tried removing almost everything
except the applet part and get the same result, so it is definately the
applet causing the trouble.

C:\>appletviewer cccintro.htm
(java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
:269)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:736)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:88)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:715)
at coffeecc.init(coffeecc.java)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:353)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Ann

Ann said:
I tried it too, and got the following message. I'm not up on security
but maybe someone else can help. I also tried removing almost everything
except the applet part and get the same result, so it is definately the
applet causing the trouble.

C:\>appletviewer cccintro.htm
(java.lang.RuntimePermission exitVM)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:736)
at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:88)
at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:715)
at coffeecc.init(coffeecc.java)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:353)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Since you are only interested in running the game, I went to the
author's web site download page:
http://www.nchess.com/download.html
scroll down to freeware section and download the zip file.
unzip in a directory and run "cccmain.htm"
it works fine.