Help me with is code

Chris Mattern

Public said:
Do you expect anyone to post a real email here to receive spams?

Tad does. I do.
I opened a
temp address last time and within 3 days I put a message on newsgroup, I
start getting 10 the "MS patch" virus per hour. I am not sure if somebody
scaned my address or his/her computer is infected with this virus.
That's what SpamAssassin was made for.

Chris Mattern

Chris Mattern

Purl said:
Tad McClellan wrote:

Ask all participants here to post to this
newsgroup without using an email client.
I rather expect a lot of them do. Dedicated
news clients are very popular in this neck
of the woods. I'm currently using Mozilla,
but I've used tin in the past.

Chris Mattern

Tom

That's what SpamAssassin was made for.
Chris Mattern

Yeah, let's do some dumbass shit so another startup can make it and take
another $50/year from us (on top of the other 5@ $50) to keep our machines
running.

Tad McClellan

Chris Mattern said:
Public Interest wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tad does.

No I don't.

I expect that a munged address will *look* munged so people do not
waste time trying to reply via email.

Peter Hickman

Lets review the facts here.

1) You have designed two systems
2) They are 100% effective
3) The anti-spam systems are too easy to design
4) The anti-spam systems are too easy to implement
5) You are not using them

You quite clearly have no faith in your own self proclaimed genius, and
neither do we.

BTW. Who ties your shoe laces for you?

Tad McClellan

Tom said:
Yeah, let's do some dumbass shit so another startup can make it and take
another $50/year from us

SpamAssassin costs $0/year.

(on top of the other 5@ $50) to keep our machines
running.

If you buy Bill's brainwashing, then you pay the consequences.

My machines stay running without sending money to anyone.

David H. Adler

Yeah, let's do some dumbass shit so another startup can make it and take
another $50/year from us (on top of the other 5@ $50) to keep our machines
running.

I know I probably shouldn't get involved here, but...

What in the world is that supposed to mean? Who exactly is supposed to
be extracting money from whom here?

dha

Alan J. Flavell

My machines stay running without sending money to anyone.

As opposed to the folks whose machines keep stopping and/or having to
be rebooted in spite of them sending money, I guess. SCNR.

Chris Mattern

Tad said:
No I don't.

I expect that a munged address will *look* munged so people do not
waste time trying to reply via email.
I failed to express myself clearly. I meant simply that you post
without a munged email address, as I do.

Chris Mattern

Tom

SpamAssassin costs $0/year.and runs on Windows?
Granted, I run several Linux boxes, but I don't use them for email for a
number of reasons.