    - How do I declare them in my StringSign.h file?
    -How do I use them in the .cpp and .exe files? is it something like
    Location::GetMap( );
    Jassy, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Jassy

    Leor Zolman Guest

    On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:48:22 +0800, "Jassy" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I know this is a basic question, but I am absolutely tearing out my hair
    >trying to find a simple answer here!
    >
    >I am writing a class "StringSign" which is composed of two other classes,
    >SignLines and Location. I want to use my methods from the last two in the
    >main "StringSign" program. My questions are:
    >
    >- How do I declare them in my StringSign.h file?
    >-How do I use them in the .cpp and .exe files? is it something like
    >Location::GetMap( );

    Well, I spent about an hour writing a program to answer this same question
    that you multi-posted (don't /do/ that) to alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++, and
    posted my response there. Wouldn't it be a shame if someone else ended up
    doing the same thing here because they didn't know you posted (and I
    answered) the question over /there/?
    -leor

    C++ users: Download BD Software's free STL Error Message Decryptor at:
    www.bdsoft.com/tools/stlfilt.html
    Leor Zolman, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Jassy

    Jassy Guest

    I'm sorry.

    Not to be cheeky, but how am i supposed to know that the same ppl read both
    groups?

    Jassy, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Jassy

    Buster Guest

    Jassy wrote:

    > Not to be cheeky, but how am i supposed to know that the same ppl read both
    > groups?

    By lurking. Anyway, you know now.

    Note that if you had crossposted (put more than one newsgroup in the
    "Newsgroups" field of the message header - your newsreader will let you
    do this) instead of multiposting, then all the replies would have gone
    to all of those groups by default. That way, everyone knows what's going
    on.

    If possible you should choose the single most appropriate newsgroup for
    your question.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    --
    Regards,
    Buster.
    Buster, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Jassy

    jeffc Guest

    "Jassy" <> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry.
    >
    > Not to be cheeky, but how am i supposed to know that the same ppl read

    both
    > groups?

    Crosspost to both at the same time if you must, or better yet pick just one
    (the other one is probably better for beginner questions.) By the way,
    please don't top post, and please do edit when you reply :)
    jeffc, Apr 7, 2004
  6. jeffc wrote:

    > Crosspost to both at the same time if you must, or better yet pick just one
    > (the other one is probably better for beginner questions.) By the way,
    > please don't top post, and please do edit when you reply :)

    I find that people who top-post usually don't know what "top-post"
    means, so a brief explanation or a pointer to an explanation is probably
    a good idea. I usually use this FAQ:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.4

    And here's a demonstrations:

    ---------------

    Oh, I see.
    > Because it's screws up the normal top-to-bottom reading order.
    >> Why?
    >>> Top-posting is bad.

    ---------------

    In short, when replying do the following:

    1) Quote only the text that is relevant to your reply.
    2) Place your reply (or replies) *after* the relevant text, so the
    message reads naturally.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Jassy

    red floyd Guest

    "Jassy" <> wrote in message news:<40741754$0$16584
    [top posted response redacted]

    A: Top Posting
    Q: What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

    Please don't top post in this forum. The FAQ asks people not to do so.
    red floyd, Apr 7, 2004
  8. Jassy

    Tony S Guest

    Hey this newsgroup is full of nothing but insulting idiots.
    Everytime I ask a question in here I get responses like this.

    Tony S, Apr 8, 2004
  9. Jassy

    Tony S Guest

    TOO MANY FRICKIN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

    Geesh!

    GET BENT!

    Tony S, Apr 8, 2004
  10. Jassy

    bitwise Guest

    Your demonstration only demonstrates logic to me. Top posting is the most
    natural way of going about posting on newsgroups. When im viewing a thread I
    dont want to have to scroll down to the very bottom of each post to see what
    each poster has said in the tread - i dont like having to read old news.
    What a waste of time! I like clicking on a post and seeing straight away
    what each user is saying. Bottom posters have way too much time on their
    hands and like scrolling their lives away. They also probably like their
    toilet paper facing the wall. And I guess they also use algebraic entry
    systems as opposed to RPN. What amazes me most is that some of them are C++
    programmers.

    bitwise, Apr 8, 2004
  11. bitwise wrote:
    > Your demonstration only demonstrates logic to me. Top posting is the most
    > natural way of going about posting on newsgroups. When im viewing a thread I
    > dont want to have to scroll down to the very bottom of each post to see what
    > each poster has said in the tread - i dont like having to read old news.
    > What a waste of time! I like clicking on a post and seeing straight away
    > what each user is saying. Bottom posters have way too much time on their
    > hands and like scrolling their lives away. They also probably like their
    > toilet paper facing the wall. And I guess they also use algebraic entry
    > systems as opposed to RPN. What amazes me most is that some of them are C++
    > programmers.

    That's why reply text should be trimmed down to the relevant part,
    another concept which is apparently too advanced for you. How much did
    you scroll to see this text?

    If you want to disregard basic netiquette, please go somewhere else.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Apr 8, 2004
  12. Tony S wrote:

    > Hey this newsgroup is full of nothing but insulting idiots.
    > Everytime I ask a question in here I get responses like this.

    And yet people who put forth a tiny bit of effort and show some respect
    for the group frequently get loads of helpful, detailed replies. Maybe
    the group isn't the problem.

    Welcome to my killfile, and hopefully the killfiles of most of the other
    people who would have been willing to help, if you had a better attitude.

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Apr 8, 2004
  13. Jassy

    bitwise Guest

    I had to scroll 1/2 mile

    bitwise, Apr 8, 2004

  14. > I am writing a class "StringSign" which is composed of two other

    classes,
    > SignLines and Location. I want to use my methods from the last two

    in the
    > main "StringSign" program. My questions are:
    >
    > - How do I declare them in my StringSign.h file?
    > -How do I use them in the .cpp and .exe files? is it something like
    > Location::GetMap( );

    First, your subject should be specific about your question. Next, I
    don't understand what you are trying to do / what your problem is. And
    what about the .exe file and the class?
    Please be more specific about your question or post some code to show
    the problem.
    Maybe I'm the only idiot here, but since noone ansered your question
    int _this_ group, I'm propably not.

    --
    -Gernot

    Post here, don't email. If you feel you have to mail, revert my
    forename from:

    Looking for a good game? Do it yourself!
    GLBasic - you can do
    www.GLBasic.com
    Gernot Frisch, Apr 8, 2004