Help! Menu control not rendering properly on production

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Kevin, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hi,
    I am using a standard ASP.NET 2.0 menu control on a master page. On my
    development box it works fine, but when I deploy it to my production box it
    renders on standard links. The only difference I can find is in the naming
    convention of the inline stylesheet created on the fly by the control. Below
    is an example from both machines:

    Development:
    .ctl00_mKIG_Trader_0 {
    background-color:white;visibility:hidden;display:none;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px; }

    Prodution:
    ._ctl0_mKIG_Trader_0 {
    background-color:white;visibility:hidden;display:none;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px; }

    It seems that on my production box the style name starts with an "_" and in
    development it starts with a "c". When I manually remove the "_" it works.
    But I can't seems to make it automatically name it without the "_". The
    brower (IE6) seems to ignow the style if it begins with an "_". Any help is
    appreciated. This problem is driving me crazy.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Kevin, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Kevin

    A. Almeida Guest

    Re: Help! Menu control not rendering properly on produ...

    Hi,
    I too have the same problem with the menu control in IE 6.0. If anyone could help us please email to: .
    Thanks,
    A. Almeida

    A. Almeida, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Kevin

    Fuzzhead Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    I am having a similar problem to the one you described. My menus work
    perfectly on my test server, but on the production one they don't work.
    Did you every figure the problem out?

    Thanks.

    Fuzzhead, Dec 4, 2006