Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem AGAIN!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alan Silver, Jun 11, 2007.

  1. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Hello,

    I have occasionally had an error whilst using VS2005...

    "Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem and has had to
    close"

    This has not been very frequent, so I've just closed VS2005 and started
    it again. Today however, I keep getting it over and over again.

    The project is an ASP.NET one, and the action that triggers the error
    can be anything. The most recent time it happened, I clicked Enter to
    start a new line. Other times, the action has been equally innocent.
    It's becoming very annoying and is seriously disturbing me.

    I can't find much report of this in these groups, so I'm not sure what
    to do. Anyone any suggestions? TIA

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Jun 11, 2007

  2. RE: Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem AG

    sounds like the old BB (Bouma Bug) to me.... This should have been fixed - do
    you have Service Pack 1 installed?
    -- Peter
    Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jun 11, 2007

  3. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Re: Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem AG

    In article <>, "Peter
    Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> writes
    >sounds like the old BB (Bouma Bug) to me.... This should have been fixed - do
    >you have Service Pack 1 installed?

    Not as far as I can see. I didn't know there was one!

    Where do I find it? I searched MS' download centre for "visual studio
    2005 service pack" but could only see a SP1 for Team Studio, for Vista,
    or for the Express versions. I'm using the Professional version (ie not
    Team or Express) on Windows Server 2003 (ie not Vista).

    Any ideas where I could find it? Thanks

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Jun 11, 2007
  4. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Re: Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem AG

    In article <>, Alan Silver
    <> writes
    >Any ideas where I could find it? Thanks

    Duh, did the obvious thing! Went to the VS page on MSDN and there was a
    link for SP1!! How come you only ever think of these things *after*
    posting?

    Just downloading it now, so I'll see what happens when it's installed.
    Thanks for the tip.

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Jun 11, 2007
  5. Re: Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a proble

    read the instructions carefully. The Team Studio should work for
    Professional. If you have Vista, install the Vista update too.
    Peter

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jun 11, 2007
  6. Alan Silver

    Alan Silver Guest

    Re: Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a proble

    In article <>, "Peter
    Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> writes
    >read the instructions carefully. The Team Studio should work for
    >Professional. If you have Vista, install the Vista update too.

    Thanks Peter, but there was a link for the version I have, so I grabbed
    that one. Took almost as long to install as it did to download!!

    Haven't tried it yet, but I guess the only way I'll know if it works is
    if VS doesn't crash so often.

    Thanks to all for the help.

    --
    Alan Silver