Help - Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem AGAIN!

Alan Silver

Hello,

I have occasionally had an error whilst using VS2005...

"Microsoft C# 2005 IntelliSense has encountered a problem and has had to
close"

This has not been very frequent, so I've just closed VS2005 and started
it again. Today however, I keep getting it over and over again.

The project is an ASP.NET one, and the action that triggers the error
can be anything. The most recent time it happened, I clicked Enter to
start a new line. Other times, the action has been equally innocent.
It's becoming very annoying and is seriously disturbing me.

I can't find much report of this in these groups, so I'm not sure what
to do. Anyone any suggestions? TIA

Alan Silver

"Peter said:
sounds like the old BB (Bouma Bug) to me.... This should have been fixed - do
you have Service Pack 1 installed?

Not as far as I can see. I didn't know there was one!

Where do I find it? I searched MS' download centre for "visual studio
2005 service pack" but could only see a SP1 for Team Studio, for Vista,
or for the Express versions. I'm using the Professional version (ie not
Team or Express) on Windows Server 2003 (ie not Vista).

Any ideas where I could find it? Thanks

Alan Silver

Alan Silver said:
Any ideas where I could find it? Thanks

Duh, did the obvious thing! Went to the VS page on MSDN and there was a
link for SP1!! How come you only ever think of these things *after*
posting?

Just downloading it now, so I'll see what happens when it's installed.
Thanks for the tip.

Alan Silver

"Peter said:
read the instructions carefully. The Team Studio should work for
Professional. If you have Vista, install the Vista update too.

Thanks Peter, but there was a link for the version I have, so I grabbed
that one. Took almost as long to install as it did to download!!

Haven't tried it yet, but I guess the only way I'll know if it works is
if VS doesn't crash so often.

Thanks to all for the help.