[Help] Mozilla don't work well on my site

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Aquila Deus, Nov 14, 2004.

  1. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Hi all!

    Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.

    It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/

    I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    bugs:

    1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.

    2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    scrollbar...

    Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

    Aquila Deus, Nov 14, 2004

  2. Aquila Deus

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Nov 14, 2004

  3. Aquila Deus

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Aquila Deus wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    >
    > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    >
    > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > bugs:
    >
    > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    >
    > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > scrollbar...
    >
    > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

    validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Nov 14, 2004
  4. Aquila Deus

    Neredbojias Guest

    Without quill or qualm, Aquila Deus quothed:

    > Hi all!
    >
    > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    >
    > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    >
    > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > bugs:
    >
    > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    >
    > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > scrollbar...

    I think your doctype is screwed up.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Neredbojias <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Without quill or qualm, Aquila Deus quothed:
    >
    > > Hi all!
    > >
    > > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    > >
    > > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    > >
    > > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > > bugs:
    > >
    > > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    > >
    > > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > > scrollbar...

    > I think your doctype is screwed up.

    Thanks, I just fixed it. But this doesn't help :(

    Aquila Deus, Nov 14, 2004
  6. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    SpaceGirl <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > Hi all!
    > >
    > > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    > >
    > > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    > >
    > > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > > bugs:
    > >
    > > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    > >
    > > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > > scrollbar...
    > >
    > > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

    > validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Just did. It's completely valid. I think the bug is related to the
    implementation of mozilla/firefox rather than w3c standard.

    Aquila Deus, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    >
    > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    >
    > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > bugs:
    >
    > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    >
    > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > scrollbar...
    >
    > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

    I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
    bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

    Aquila Deus, Nov 14, 2004
  8. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Aquila Deus) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hi all!
    > >
    > > Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.
    > >
    > > It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/
    > >
    > > I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
    > > are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
    > > bugs:
    > >
    > > 1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
    > > pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
    > > pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
    > > the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
    > > first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.
    > >
    > > 2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
    > > left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
    > > scrollbar...
    > >
    > > Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

    > I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
    > bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

    point 2 is solved :))

    BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

    Aquila Deus, Nov 15, 2004
  9. Aquila Deus wrote:
    > BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

    I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
    least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 15, 2004
  10. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Leif K-Brooks <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

    > I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
    > least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

    I have two. One is that the CSS3 'opacity' property doesn't work
    correctly (ok on mozilla), and the other one is my menu... the
    onmouseout is raised at the wrong time... dunno why.

    Aquila Deus, Nov 17, 2004