[Help] Mozilla don't work well on my site

Aquila Deus

Hi all!

Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.

It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/

I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
bugs:

1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.

2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
scrollbar...

Tested with Mozilla 1.8beta4 and Firefox 1.0

SpaceGirl

Aquila said:
[...]

validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Aquila Deus quothed:
Hi all!

Please help me to get my site work with mozilla & firefox.

It's there: http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/HLI/

I've read about mozilla's docs and tried to make it compatible (there
are IE-specific and Mozilla-specific code). But there are still weird
bugs:

1.The menu (Default_Menu_XXX) should hide itself only if the mouse
pointer leaves. But the onmouseout event handler is called when the
pointer moves to the 3rd (moz) or 2nd (ff) menu items. I have checked
the boundry of menu and it does cover all menu items, not just the
first one or two, and there is no difference between those menu items.

2.I set the width of Default_Pane to 100% and there is nothing in the
left side or right side of it, but mozilla still gives me a horizontal
scrollbar...

I think your doctype is screwed up.

Aquila Deus

SpaceGirl said:
validate, validate, validate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did. It's completely valid. I think the bug is related to the
implementation of mozilla/firefox rather than w3c standard.

[...]

I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

Aquila Deus

I just read W3's CSS spec and found that point 2 is not mozilla's
bug... now i'm going to use browser-specific css...

point 2 is solved :))

BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

Leif K-Brooks

Aquila said:
BTW firefox is really buggy... even the 1.0 release is worse than moz beta..

I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

Aquila Deus

Leif K-Brooks said:
I've been using various Firefox versions for what I think must be at
least six months, and I've had a grand total of one bug.

I have two. One is that the CSS3 'opacity' property doesn't work
correctly (ok on mozilla), and the other one is my menu... the
onmouseout is raised at the wrong time... dunno why.