------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ice, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. Ice

    Ice Guest

    ------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

    Hello!

    Thanks for reading this in advance =)
    I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit SUBMIT I
    want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page which sais Thanks
    for submitting). I have pasted a small version of the page below, can you
    please edit it so that it does what I want it to do, and email it me
    ()? You'd really help me out!

    <FORM enctype="text/plain" ACTION="mailto:" METHOD="POST">
    <TR><TD> Full name: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Full
    name" SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
    <TR><TD> Nick name: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Nick
    name" SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
    <TR><TD> Age: </TD><TD> <P ALIGN="RIGHT"><INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="Age"
    SIZE="20"></P> </TD><TD> * </TD></TR>
    <TR><TD width=100%>
    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Submit form">
    <INPUT TYPE="RESET" VALUE="Clear">
    </FORM>

    Ice, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Ice wrote:
    > ------- HELP!!! MULTIPLE ACTIONS IN ONE FORM AND ONE SUBMIT BUTTON!!!

    Please don't shout.

    > Hello!

    How do you do?

    > Thanks for reading this in advance =)
    > I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit
    > SUBMIT I want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page
    > which sais Thanks for submitting). I have pasted a small version of
    > the page below, can you please edit it so that it does what I want it
    > to do,

    <form action="/formhandler.[1]" ...

    the you just build up a script to perform your heart's desire.

    > and email it me

    sorry chum - you just gotta come back here to read it.

    > You'd really help me out!

    possibly, but this is a public forum, not a helpdesk

    [1] asp, php, cgi, whatever your server will support
    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Ice

    Grunff Guest

    Ice wrote:

    > Thanks for reading this in advance =)

    I didn't - I read it at the time of reading it.

    --
    Grunff

    Grunff, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Grunff wrote:
    > Ice wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for reading this in advance =)

    > I didn't - I read it at the time of reading it.

    crystal ball broken?

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 2, 2003
  5. Ice wrote:

    > I have a nice form which you can fill in etc etc, and when you hit SUBMIT
    > I want the page to do 2 things (email me and go to a page which sais
    > Thanks for submitting).

    Most form handlers do that anyway.

    > <FORM enctype="text/plain" ACTION="mailto:"

    Oh dear, you've been tricked in to thinking that mailto: as a form action is
    practical.

    See http://www.isolani.co.uk/newbie/mailto.html for why it isn't and
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/ for the right way to go about things.

    --