    Please email me at

    Thanks,
    Lin

    Linwood, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Linwood

    Ben Dover Guest

    Tip #1: never give your real email address on usenet.

    well, you'll want to do some web sites for free to get you started.
    that way you'll have some quick references and you can make all the
    mistakes you want.
    once you have two or three sites, you can start demanding money.

    Ben Dover, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Linwood

    brucie Guest

    In post <>
    Linwood said...

    > Currently, I am getting my degree in Internet Technology, which
    > includes ... Dream Weaver, ...

    learning to use a program that generates html is not the same as
    learning html. how do you know it does it right? what do you do when
    it does it wrong? how do you fix it? how do you know your fix is
    right? you cant author html properly without knowing html.

    > I can get some suggestions or advice that would help me futher
    > my career in this field.

    if you don't know how many liters of blue colored milkshakes you can
    drink before your poo turns green you'll just be another clueless
    wannabe.

    --
    04/October/2003 05:10:54 pm

    brucie, Oct 4, 2003
  4. Linwood

    Isofarro Guest

    Linwood wrote:

    > Currently, I am getting my degree in Internet Technology, which
    > includes Photo Shop 7.0 Dream Weaver, Flash, Fireworks and more.

    Since there are no Internet Technologies in the above, perhaps you'd want to
    extend on the "and more" part.

    TCP/IP, URL, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NNTP, Telnet, SMTP, POP, - now those be
    internet technologies.

    --
    Iso.
    Web Design Tutorial: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1010

    Isofarro, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Linwood

    Big Bill Guest

    On 3 Oct 2003 20:27:44 -0700, (Linwood) wrote:

    >I'm considering a career in web design, and was wondering if anyone in
    >the group has some helpful hints or suggestions? This is actually my
    >first time posting a message to a newsgroup, so I am a little new at
    >this......
    >
    >Currently, I am getting my degree in Internet Technology, which
    >includes Photo Shop 7.0 Dream Weaver, Flash, Fireworks and more. I
    >always loved web design and also web maintance (internet) too. I am
    >hoping, I can get some suggestions or advice that would help me futher
    >my career in this field.
    >Please email me at
    >

    >Thanks,
    >Lin

    Where are you doing a degree in IT please?

    BB
    MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
    There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
    the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
    or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
    aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

    Big Bill, Oct 4, 2003
  6. Ben Dover wrote:
    > Tip #1: never give your real email address on usenet.

    why? only applies if you have something to hide.

    tip #2: don't top-post

    tip#3: crossposting (xPosting) is better than multi posting

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Oct 4, 2003
  7. Linwood

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, -html.org
    says...
    > > Currently, I am getting my degree in Internet Technology, which
    > > includes ... Dream Weaver, ...

    > learning to use a program that generates html is not the same as
    > learning html.....

    I think he was listing the tools not the technologies.

    > if you don't know how many liters of blue colored milkshakes you can
    > drink before your poo turns green you'll just be another clueless
    > wannabe.

    I don't even want to think about that one.....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Oct 4, 2003
  8. Linwood

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > Currently, I am getting my degree in Internet Technology, which
    > > includes Photo Shop 7.0 Dream Weaver, Flash, Fireworks and more.

    > Since there are no Internet Technologies in the above, perhaps you'd want to
    > extend on the "and more" part.
    > TCP/IP, URL, DNS, FTP, HTTP, NNTP, Telnet, SMTP, POP, - now those be
    > internet technologies.

    Crap, I have to agree with Iso....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Oct 4, 2003
  9. your real email address is thanked with loads of spam.

    Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057, Oct 6, 2003
  10. Linwood

    Micah Cowan Guest

    Ben Dover - Mental Patient 0057 <-Hospital.com> writes:

    > William Tasso wrote:
    > >
    > > Ben Dover wrote:
    > > > Tip #1: never give your real email address on usenet.
    > > >

    > > why? only applies if you have something to hide.
    > >
    > > tip #2: don't top-post
    > >
    > > tip#3: crossposting (xPosting) is better than multi posting

    > your real email address is thanked with loads of spam.

    Please discontinue your top-posting (fixed); this is your second
    request (Mr. Tasso has also asked you to stop [see above]).

    It is considered impolite to post using a fake e-mail address,
    unless it is just your real address with some trivial munging to
    fool spambots, along with instructions (or blinding obviousness)
    to obtain the real from the munged. As you can see, I am using my
    real address (yes, believe it or not). This is not a big problem
    for me, despite many USENET posts with that address, because I
    use SpamAssassin for very effective spam filtering (at the
    server).

    Not everyone can do this, which is why trivially munged (but
    still useable) addresses are a viable option.

    > > --
    > > William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    Your sig is broken: the expected beginning of a signature is
    "-- " (two hyphens and a _space_); you are missing the space.

    Regards,
    Micah

    Micah Cowan, Oct 6, 2003