    color syntax of perl? or is that even possible?

    thx a ton,
    orbii

    Guest, Oct 13, 2003

  2. <> wrote:

    > i currently have vs.net & codewarrior, i'm a student learning
    > programming, and just picked up perl cd bookshelf. and having a color
    > syntax ide helps a lot. i can't afford buying komodo anymore after
    > spending it on vs.net. plus komodo crashes lots when i do
    > search/replace. for those who uses their common ide to code perl/tk
    > with, please be generous and point me a direction on which ide you're
    > using and how to add extension to that ide for a proper color syntax of
    > perl? or is that even possible?

    This is a FAQ:

    perldoc -q editor

    There are lots of editors that do syntax highlighting for Perl. Pick one you
    like and use it.

    David K. Wall, Oct 13, 2003

    Guest Guest

    woah, it is a big list, THX MATE!!!!

    Guest, Oct 13, 2003
  4. [top-posting rearranged]

    <> wrote:

    > "David K. Wall" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote:

    [snip]
    >> > please be generous and point me a direction on which ide you're
    >> > using and how to add extension to that ide for a proper color syntax
    >> > of perl? or is that even possible?

    >> perldoc -q editor

    > woah, it is a big list, THX MATE!!!!

    You're welcome.

    Something else you should know: top-posting is frowned upon in this
    newsgroup. See http://web.presby.edu/~nnqadmin/nnq/nquote.html for some
    reasons why. The practical reason for not top-posting is because folks here
    don't like it. They're more likely to help if you follow the accepted
    practice.

    David K. Wall, Oct 14, 2003