    compnent or cant i ??

    plz suggest so options for me

    thanks !!!
    Prof, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Prof wrote:

    > I am currently doing a proj for my diploma ..

    Diploma in/of what?

    (Java not)
    > ...displaying of web sites properly.

    Name a single user agent (web-browser) on this planet
    that renders every web site just as it's author intended.

    No UA so much as supports the entire W3C HTML
    recommendations, and even when they do support an
    element defined by the W3C, the rendering support
    may well be 'buggy'.
    Andrew Thompson, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Prof

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 15 Nov 2005 02:30:47 -0800, "Prof" <>

    >I am currently doing a proj for my diploma and want to create a browser
    >using java. but i heard that java dosnt totally support browser
    >integration or displaying of web sites properly. also i heard of GECKO
    >engine by mozilla which can be embedded , so can i embead it in a java
    >compnent or cant i ??

    You can embed anything with sufficient JNI glue. There was work at
    sometime of a Netscape written in Java. Perhaps somewhere those
    sources are still available.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Prof

    Rogan Dawes Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On 15 Nov 2005 02:30:47 -0800, "Prof" <>
    >

    >>I am currently doing a proj for my diploma and want to create a browser
    >>using java. but i heard that java dosnt totally support browser
    >>integration or displaying of web sites properly. also i heard of GECKO
    >>engine by mozilla which can be embedded , so can i embead it in a java
    >>compnent or cant i ??

    > You can embed anything with sufficient JNI glue. There was work at
    > sometime of a Netscape written in Java. Perhaps somewhere those
    > sources are still available.

    look for "Jazilla"
    Rogan Dawes, Nov 15, 2005
  5. Prof

    Prof Guest

    thank you all for the recommendations and advices , they have been very
    useful
    Prof, Nov 20, 2005