help needed, in breaking a frame using java script

chowdary

hi,

I am using frames in my website,main application links are present on
the top of page above mainframe, in main window. These links have
target=mainframe, thus opening respective pages in mainframe.

I have put the session timeout period on each page so if some user
remains inactive for 10 minutes, he will be redirected to logout.php
page through header. Problem is that, the logout.php page will
certainly be opening in mainframe, thus the links in main parent
window will remain there. What I need is that this logout.php must be
opened in parent window , if any page in mainframe finds the session
timedout.

how can we solve this problem by using javascript......
please help me...........

Thank you in advance for any help ...

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

chowdary said:
I am using frames in my website,main application links are present on
the top of page above mainframe, in main window. These links have
target=mainframe, thus opening respective pages in mainframe.

I have put the session timeout period on each page so if some user
remains inactive for 10 minutes, he will be redirected to logout.php
page through header. Problem is that, the logout.php page will
certainly be opening in mainframe, thus the links in main parent
window will remain there. What I need is that this logout.php must be
opened in parent window , if any page in mainframe finds the session
timedout.

how can we solve this problem by using javascript......

window.parent.location = "...";

Probably it is in the FAQ. If not, it should be.

But it would be better if you put a link in logout.php like this:

please help me...........

Please have your keyboard repaired.

PointedEars