help needed, in breaking a frame using java script

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by chowdary, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. chowdary

    chowdary Guest

    hi,

    I am using frames in my website,main application links are present on
    the top of page above mainframe, in main window. These links have
    target=mainframe, thus opening respective pages in mainframe.

    I have put the session timeout period on each page so if some user
    remains inactive for 10 minutes, he will be redirected to logout.php
    page through header. Problem is that, the logout.php page will
    certainly be opening in mainframe, thus the links in main parent
    window will remain there. What I need is that this logout.php must be
    opened in parent window , if any page in mainframe finds the session
    timedout.

    how can we solve this problem by using javascript......
    please help me...........

    Thank you in advance for any help ...
    chowdary, Nov 15, 2007

  2. chowdary wrote:
    > I am using frames in my website,main application links are present on
    > the top of page above mainframe, in main window. These links have
    > target=mainframe, thus opening respective pages in mainframe.
    >
    > I have put the session timeout period on each page so if some user
    > remains inactive for 10 minutes, he will be redirected to logout.php
    > page through header. Problem is that, the logout.php page will
    > certainly be opening in mainframe, thus the links in main parent
    > window will remain there. What I need is that this logout.php must be
    > opened in parent window , if any page in mainframe finds the session
    > timedout.
    >
    > how can we solve this problem by using javascript......

    window.parent.location = "...";

    Probably it is in the FAQ. If not, it should be.

    But it would be better if you put a link in logout.php like this:

    > please help me...........

    Please have your keyboard repaired.

    PointedEars
    --