Help needed in debugging Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Suganya, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Suganya

    Suganya Guest

    Hi,

    I have a c# solution(say a) which has a web project. Also
    in this solution, there is a web reference to my web
    service.

    My web service is in a different solution ( say b).

    When I set breakpoint in the web project, I am able to
    debug my web project.
    Similarly when I set break point in the web service, I am
    able to debug my web service.

    The problem is:
    When I have breakpoint set both in the web project and web
    service, I want to step into my web service from the
    client code. This does not work.

    This is what I am doing:
    1. I have set breakpoint in the web project and it is in
    the debugging mode.
    2. I have set breakpoint in the web service.
    3. Debug property of the web service is set to 'Wait for
    an external process to connect' . Then I press f5 in the
    web service project. I get the following error.

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start
    debugging on the web server. A debugger is already
    attached. Would you like to disable future attemtps to
    debug ASP.NET pages for this project?"

    Regards,
    -Suganya
    Suganya, Jul 15, 2003