Help needed in running a c++ program as Windows Services

parthan

We are running our c++ program, which uses JNI, as Windows services.
Program is getting CLASSPATH env variable correctly and also
initializes JVM successfully. After initializing JVM, programs makes a
JNI call FindClass() for getting java class.But FindClass method
returns NULL even though java class exists in the CLASSPATH.

Same program when is run from command window, FindClass method call is
working fine.

Is there any difference between running a program thru command window
and as a windows service ?
Incase you have any idea on how to resolve this issue, kindly get back
ASAP.

Michael Winter

on 13 Oct 03:
We are running our c++ program, which uses JNI, as Windows services.
Program is getting CLASSPATH env variable correctly and also
initializes JVM successfully. After initializing JVM, programs makes a
JNI call FindClass() for getting java class.But FindClass method
returns NULL even though java class exists in the CLASSPATH.

Same program when is run from command window, FindClass method call is
working fine.

Is there any difference between running a program thru command window
and as a windows service ?
Incase you have any idea on how to resolve this issue, kindly get back
ASAP.

Java and Windows are off-topic in this group. It would be better to
ask in a Windows group or a Java group that deals specifically with
native interfaces.

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel deals with kernel issues and
should be able to describe the specifics of Windows services (be sure
to detail exactly what you're doing and on which OS: 9x/Me/NT and
version).

comp.lang.java.machine deals with elements of the Java Virtual
Machine, including native interfaces.

You'll probably need to go to both groups to get a complete answer.

Good luck,
Mike