Help needed in Web service

Raghu Raman

Hi,

I have made a webservice which has a class file in it.
The web service gets the dataset from the class and it is coded to just
return the dataset to the web page.It was working nice when i run it in
the webservice itself.

* The web service accepts the i/p parameters as below
-----------------------------------
<webmethod>

public filldata(byval db as string,byval server as string,byval qry as
string) as dataset
filldata=obj.getrows(db,server,qry)

and worked nice.

-----------------------------------
After that i closed that web service and opened a new web form . I
added the web reference for that web service.It also worked nice and
showing the same result in that ref.. screen.
-----------------------------------
IF i link in my webpage it tells the ERROR AS

HTTP// STATUS ;401 ACCESS DENIED & shows some dim statement
-----------------------------------
which i never used(all are public)
My code in the web page is
-----------------------------------
Imports obj as localhost.service1
PUBLIC Dset AS NEW DATASET
private bt1_clicked event
dset=obj.filldata(db,server,qrr)
-----------------------------------
db,server,qrrr are assigned their values

comment
-------
Since it shows the result in the web reference screen ,why it does not
whows the rows in my web page.

Please clear my doubts and tell what the mistake i made.

Thanks in advance
Raghuraman

Rick Spiewak

Is this really your line of code:
Imports obj as localhost.service1

If it is, it should read:

Dim obj as new localhost.service1

Raghu Raman

Hai
Rick Spiewak.Thanks for u r reply.The problem was i did'not
connected the name of the dll to that code and i solved that.

Raghu