Help Needed on ASP.Net Deployment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by apondu, Aug 8, 2007.

  1. apondu

    apondu Guest

    Hi Friends...

    I have a simple query on building the Web Setup project.
    When i build my setup, i see that the code behind the .aspx pages (.cs
    code pages) are also included. And when i deploy the project i can see
    that even those code files are also deployed on the machine and the
    code with in those .cs files can be seen ( read-only format). But i
    want the code to be hidden, either those code files should not be
    deployed ot they should atleast be encrypted so that my code is safe
    and no one can see the code.

    Can anyone please help me in achieving this.

    Steps i followed in building the Web Project Setup :

    1. Add new project from the file menu to my existing project.
    2. Selected the Setup and Deployment - > Web Setup Project
    3. On file system Editor -> right click on web application folder ->
    Add Project Output ->
    ContentFiles selected.
    4. In Properties Window of File System Editor i set the read only
    properties
    5. Build the Project.

    These are the steps i followed.

    Can anyone please help me, and let me know what are the changes i need
    to do to protect my code from being included in the web set or
    atleast be encrypted so that no one can view the code of my .cs files.

    My mail id

    Waiting for response

    Thanks

    Regards,