Help needed regarding css and menus

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Apr 10, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I am trying to create a hover over menu at the moment using css (which I am
    extremely new to.) I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can change
    the colour of the text on the menu shown at the address below and if I can
    make it bold. Also can I make it so it is not underlined.

    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/menu.html

    And if anyone has the spare time could they tell me how I add extra links to
    the menu, when I have tried adding another button it says that the script is
    undefined for menu 3. If this could be done without a huge amount of
    modification to my present script I would be very greatful.

    Thanks very much in advance
    Tom

    --
    Free DVD rental for a whole year
    http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/dvd.html
    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Apr 10, 2005

  2. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to create a hover over menu at the moment using css (which I am
    > extremely new to.) I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can change
    > the colour of the text on the menu shown at the address below and if I can
    > make it bold. Also can I make it so it is not underlined.
    >
    > http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/menu.html

    You can use e.g.
    a {
    color : #fff;
    background: transparent;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

    a:hover {
    color : #000;
    background: #ffcc99;
    text-decoration: none;
    font-weight: bold;
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am trying to create a hover over menu at the moment using css (which
    >> I am
    >> extremely new to.) I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can
    >> change
    >> the colour of the text on the menu shown at the address below and if I
    >> can
    >> make it bold. Also can I make it so it is not underlined.
    >>
    >> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/menu.html

    > You can use e.g.
    > a {
    > color : #fff;
    > background: transparent;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > }
    >
    > a:hover {
    > color : #000;
    > background: #ffcc99;
    > text-decoration: none;
    > font-weight: bold;
    > }

    I forgot to mention for studing css at:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Apr 10, 2005
  4. "Edwin van der Vaart" <> wrote in message
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to create a hover over menu at the moment using css (which
    > >> I am
    > >> extremely new to.) I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can
    > >> change
    > >> the colour of the text on the menu shown at the address below and if I
    > >> can
    > >> make it bold. Also can I make it so it is not underlined.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/menu.html

    > > You can use e.g.
    > > a {
    > > color : #fff;
    > > background: transparent;
    > > text-decoration: none;
    > > font-weight: bold;
    > > }
    > >
    > > a:hover {
    > > color : #000;
    > > background: #ffcc99;
    > > text-decoration: none;
    > > font-weight: bold;
    > > }

    > I forgot to mention for studing css at:
    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart
    > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    Do you know what it is in my code that is making the links underlined?

    TIA
    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Apr 10, 2005
  5. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Apr 10, 2005
  6. "Edwin van der Vaart" <> wrote in message
    > Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > > MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I am trying to create a hover over menu at the moment using css (which
    > >> I am
    > >> extremely new to.) I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can
    > >> change
    > >> the colour of the text on the menu shown at the address below and if I
    > >> can
    > >> make it bold. Also can I make it so it is not underlined.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.magicfreebiesuk.co.uk/menu.html

    > > You can use e.g.
    > > a {
    > > color : #fff;
    > > background: transparent;
    > > text-decoration: none;
    > > font-weight: bold;
    > > }
    > >
    > > a:hover {
    > > color : #000;
    > > background: #ffcc99;
    > > text-decoration: none;
    > > font-weight: bold;
    > > }

    > I forgot to mention for studing css at:
    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart
    > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    No need to answer previous question.....that worked a charm.....does anyone
    know how I could put extra links in?

    I tried putting this in but I get error: menu3 undefined:
    //Contents for menu 3, and so on
    var menu2=new Array()
    menu3[0]='<a href="">Where To Play</a>'
    menu3[1]='<a href="">What Games To Play</a>'

    followed by:

    onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu3, '150px')"

    I have no idea how to get round this error and there seem to be so many ways
    of making a menu like this that I can't find help on the net (owing to my
    incompetence probably)

    Any help very much appreciated.
    Tom
    MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk, Apr 10, 2005
  7. MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk wrote:

    [snip]

    > No need to answer previous question.....that worked a charm.....does anyone
    > know how I could put extra links in?
    >
    > I tried putting this in but I get error: menu3 undefined:
    > //Contents for menu 3, and so on
    > var menu2=new Array()

    Use var menu3=new Array() for the 3th link.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Apr 11, 2005
  8. On 2005-04-10 11:30:02 -0400, "MagicFreebiesUK.co.uk"

    http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
    William Hamby, Apr 12, 2005