Help needed to establish secure connection between server and client

jestan

Hi, in my network programming assignment I have to create a client and
server, which have following properties. The problem is,
1. Client and server should carry out a negotiation on the level of
security and then agree on it.
2. After that, connection should be established.
3. Server should save the collected information MS Access database
(One table with three columns).
4. The applications should be able to establish a secure connection
which cannot be read by packet sniffers.
My problem is i am very new to java network programming and now i can
write small chat applications only , and I couldn't understand
cryptography in Java well. Can any one give some ideas or basic
structure of these applications? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
in advance.
Jestan.

Hunter Gratzner

Hi, in my network programming assignment I have to create a client and
server, .....
My problem is i am very new to java network programming

See, there is a reason you should attend class. So get up your lazy
arse, get out your books and start reading.

RedGrittyBrick

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#homework

1. Client and server should carry out a negotiation on the level of
security and then agree on it.
2. After that, connection should be established.
3. Server should save the collected information MS Access database
(One table with three columns).
4. The applications should be able to establish a secure connection
which cannot be read by packet sniffers.
My problem is i am very new to java network programming and now i can
write small chat applications only , and I couldn't understand
cryptography in Java well. Can any one give some ideas or basic
structure of these applications? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
in advance.

http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/index.jsp
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#UnsecureSecure

avinash.fearfear

Hi, in my network programming assignment I have to create a client and
server, which have following properties. The problem is,
1. Client and server should carry out a negotiation on the level of
security and then agree on it.
2. After that, connection should be established.
3. Server should save the collected information MS Access database
(One table with three columns).
4. The applications should be able to establish a secure connection
which cannot be read by packet sniffers.
My problem is i am very new to java network programming and now i can
write small chat applications only , and I couldn't understand
cryptography in Java well. Can any one give some ideas or basic
structure of these applications? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
in advance.
Jestan.

SSL