Help needed to figure out Ruby 1.8.4 installation failure

P

Paul Van Delst

Hello,

I was doing a re-install (don't ask) of Ruby 1.8.4 on my RHE4 machine and I am getting the
following failure:

..... other stuff successfully completed.....
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr1/wd20pd/local/ruby-1.8.4/ext/openssl'
gcc -fPIC -g -O2 -I. -I../.. -I../../. -I../.././ext/openssl -DHAVE_UNISTD_H
-DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H -DHAVE_ASSERT_H -DHAVE_OPENSSL_SSL_H -DHAVE_OPENSSL_CONF_API_H
-DHAVE_ERR_PEEK_LAST_ERROR -DHAVE_BN_MOD_ADD -DHAVE_BN_MOD_SQR -DHAVE_BN_MOD_SUB
-DHAVE_BN_PSEUDO_RAND_RANGE -DHAVE_BN_RAND_RANGE -DHAVE_CONF_GET1_DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
-DHAVE_EVP_CIPHER_CTX_SET_PADDING -DHAVE_EVP_CIPHERFINAL_EX -DHAVE_EVP_CIPHERINIT_EX
-DHAVE_EVP_DIGESTFINAL_EX -DHAVE_EVP_DIGESTINIT_EX -DHAVE_EVP_MD_CTX_CLEANUP
-DHAVE_EVP_MD_CTX_CREATE -DHAVE_EVP_MD_CTX_DESTROY -DHAVE_EVP_MD_CTX_INIT
-DHAVE_HMAC_CTX_CLEANUP -DHAVE_HMAC_CTX_INIT -DHAVE_PEM_DEF_CALLBACK
-DHAVE_X509V3_SET_NCONF -DHAVE_X509V3_EXT_NCONF_NID -DHAVE_X509_CRL_ADD0_REVOKED
-DHAVE_X509_CRL_SET_ISSUER_NAME -DHAVE_X509_CRL_SET_VERSION -DHAVE_X509_CRL_SORT
-DHAVE_OPENSSL_CLEANSE -DHAVE_VA_ARGS_MACRO -DHAVE_OPENSSL_ENGINE_H -DHAVE_ENGINE_ADD
-DHAVE_ENGINE_LOAD_BUILTIN_ENGINES -DHAVE_ENGINE_GET_DIGEST -DHAVE_ENGINE_GET_CIPHER
-DHAVE_ENGINE_CLEANUP -DHAVE_OPENSSL_OCSP_H -c ossl_x509name.c
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:67,
from /usr/include/openssl/asn1_mac.h:62,
from ossl.h:37,
from ossl_x509name.c:11:
/usr1/wd20pd/local/gfortran/irun/bin/../lib/gcc/i386-linux/4.2.0/include/openssl/bn.h:301:
error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'BIGNUM'
/usr1/wd20pd/local/gfortran/irun/bin/../lib/gcc/i386-linux/4.2.0/include/openssl/bn.h:314:
error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'BIGNUM'
/usr1/wd20pd/local/gfortran/irun/bin/../lib/gcc/i386-linux/4.2.0/include/openssl/bn.h:331:
error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'BN_GENCB'

etc..... for about a couple 100 more lines. I just installed the latest version of
gfortran the other day and, somehow, the ruby install is looking in the gfortran
irun/lib/gcc/i386-linux/4.2.0/include/openssl for the bn.h header file.

Does anybody have *any* idea how get around this problem? It's got me stumped. I have no
idea why the ruby install is looking in my local installation of gfortran for the openssl
stuff.

Thanks for any info.

cheers,

paulv

P

Paul Van Delst

Paul said:
Hello,

I was doing a re-install (don't ask) of Ruby 1.8.4 on my RHE4 machine
and I am getting the following failure:

No need - I figured it out. The path order of the new gcc install (v4.2) was defined
before the older (ruby-compatible) one (v3.4.5)

Apologies for the wasted bandwidth.

cheers,

paulv

Ask a Question