help needed with some c++ programs... urgent

Vibhajha

Hi friends,
My sister is in great problem , she has this exam of C++ and
she is stuck up with some questions, if friends like this group
provides some help to her, she will be very grateful.
These are some questions:-
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.

8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0

If u can provide the full answer it will be great , but if u
can't, send the answer in brief , so, that it is understandable.
Thank you very much VibhaJha.

John Harrison

Vibhajha said:
Hi friends,
My sister is in great problem , she has this exam of C++ and
she is stuck up with some questions, if friends like this group
provides some help to her, she will be very grateful.
These are some questions:-
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.

8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0

Your sister should post the attempts that she has made to answer these
questions. People will gladly help her if she can show she has made some
effort herself. What people will not do is post complete answers to her,
your sister will learn very little that way.

And of course it will help if your sister posts herself instead of through
you.

john

Vibhajha

Hi,
ya she can post this question with herself , if she has this
internet!!!, she lives in such a place where she lacks internet
facility, and good teachers , so about some questions she doesn't know
what the question means.... and i don't know C++ , so, i can't try and
send u trial answers , she has this test in coming next weekend.. she
has already sent me questions through Post. Its urgent people please
try and understand , its the question of her career, i am sure next
time , she will definitely, not write just questions , but send the
trial answers too, please friends, this time please help her. Next
time i will not give you any chance to complain.
Thanks for reading me.....
VibhaJha.

JKop

Vibhajha posted:
Hi friends,
My sister is in great problem , she has this exam of C++ and
she is stuck up with some questions, if friends like this group
provides some help to her, she will be very grateful.
These are some questions:-
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.

8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0

If u can provide the full answer it will be great , but if u
can't, send the answer in brief , so, that it is understandable.
Thank you very much VibhaJha.

**** Off.

-JKop

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Vibhajha said:
Hi,
ya she can post this question with herself , if she has this
internet!!!, she lives in such a place where she lacks internet
facility, and good teachers , so about some questions she doesn't know
what the question means.... and i don't know C++ , so, i can't try and
send u trial answers , she has this test in coming next weekend.. she
has already sent me questions through Post. Its urgent people please
try and understand , its the question of her career

What does that mean?
What career?
Professional? If she can't answer that questions she is not (yet) ready
for industrial professional programming.
, i am sure next
time , she will definitely, not write just questions , but send the
trial answers too, please friends, this time please help her. Next
time i will not give you any chance to complain.

So what exactly does she need?
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.

Hmm. A binary search tree. Every lousy book about data structure has one
chapter about binary search trees. Let me see:
www.google.com
Search phrase: "binary search tree C++"
returns around 132000 hits.
8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?

Seriously. The first part of this question should be easy to answer
with her text book. Function pointer syntax isn't used very often in C++,
but nevertheless, if you got it once it is easy to remember.
Also see the FAQ for some common pitfalls:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/pointers-to-members.html

The second part of the question is really very basic. If she can't answer
that on her own, ....
9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0

I really don't know what to answer here. Seems like straightforward
class to solve a quadratic equation. The only thing that's puzzling me
is: Why is there the request for polymorphism in the question? Anybody?
(Hmm. There are 2 well known mathematical ways to solve a quadratic
equation. Could it be that this should be used as base for polymorphism?)

John Harrison

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
I really don't know what to answer here. Seems like straightforward
class to solve a quadratic equation. The only thing that's puzzling me
is: Why is there the request for polymorphism in the question? Anybody?
(Hmm. There are 2 well known mathematical ways to solve a quadratic
equation. Could it be that this should be used as base for polymorphism?)

I reckon the polymorphism is for different kinds of number class. E.g. real
numbers or complex numbers.

john

Richard Herring

Karl Heinz Buchegger said:
What does that mean?
What career?
Professional? If she can't answer that questions she is not (yet) ready
for industrial professional programming.

Of course "she" is; she'll just get her "friend" to post all her
professional problems here for clc++ to solve :-(

[...]
I really don't know what to answer here. Seems like straightforward
class to solve a quadratic equation.

Nothing in numerics is "straightforward" ;-)
The only thing that's puzzling me
is: Why is there the request for polymorphism in the question? Anybody?
(Hmm. There are 2 well known mathematical ways to solve a quadratic
equation. Could it be that this should be used as base for polymorphism?)
Different precisions? Real versus complex coefficients?

(OK, personally I'd use template genericity, not runtime polymorphism,
for this sort of thing, but it's just possible that's what "her" teacher
is looking for.)

Karl Heinz Buchegger

John said:
I reckon the polymorphism is for different kinds of number class. E.g. real
numbers or complex numbers.

Oh. I see.
Something along

class Number
{
virtual void Add( ... )
virtual void Subtract( ... )
// or maybe some operators
};

class IntNumber : public Number
};

class Solver
{
public:
void Solve( const Number* CoeffA, const Number* CoeffB,
const Number* CoeffC, const Number* Result );
};

Silly assignment.
A template would be far better for this.

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Richard said:
Different precisions? Real versus complex coefficients?

(OK, personally I'd use template genericity, not runtime polymorphism,
for this sort of thing, but it's just possible that's what "her" teacher
is looking for.)

Yeah. John brought me on that track too.
It's doable, although it would be a silly assignment.
Especially because then the equation solver would not
be polymorphic, but the 'numbers' it crunches.

Thomas Matthews

Vibhajha said:
Hi friends,
My sister is in great problem , she has this exam of C++ and
she is stuck up with some questions, if friends like this group
provides some help to her, she will be very grateful.
These are some questions:-
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.
See <map>. Many implementations of the map use a binary tree of some
type.

8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?
Search the web for "SGI STL". Silicon Graphics Inc. has a good
explanation of pointers and when the can be added, subtracted
and compared.

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0
Sorry, but I don't do urgent homework requests. Contact me
much earlier and I'll be glad to oblige.
If u can provide the full answer it will be great , but if u
can't, send the answer in brief , so, that it is understandable.
Thank you very much VibhaJha.
Search newsgroups, the web and books. Searching is a valuable
skill.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Vibhajha

Respected Sirs,
It was very nice to experience some experts knowledge, now
i won't be asking any homework type questions, but can i ask
directions, i mean where i can get the detailed description of all
these topics. I mean being experts , which books u will recommend me.
If i want to get and gain the good knowledge in C++ , which is the
book suited for me as a novice , and which are those books where i can
get the detailed description of these topics , such that in future my
sis don't ask u any homework questions again. Good people don't teach
in 2nd class institutes, so, we never get in touch with expert kind of
knowledge, and i think if people like u means experts help novices
like us, then we can also become expert. By the way , thanks for all
ur suggestions.
Thanking you
sirs...
VibhaJha.

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Howard

Vibhajha said:
Hi friends,
My sister is in great problem , she has this exam of C++ and
she is stuck up with some questions, if friends like this group
provides some help to her, she will be very grateful.
These are some questions:-
7. design and implement a class binsearch for a binary search tree.it
includes search,remove and add options.make suitable assumption.

8.explai how pointers to functions can be declared in c++.under what
conditions can two pointer variables be added,subtracted and compared?

9.design and develop a polymorphic class to solve a general quadratic
equation ax2+bx+c=0

If u can provide the full answer it will be great , but if u
can't, send the answer in brief , so, that it is understandable.
Thank you very much VibhaJha.

Silly boy. We're supposed to think you're from India, are we? Right. And
I'm from Pakistan. Let's trade nukes. Now bugger off and do your own
homework, little one.

-Howheeardhee