Help needed with XML Node insert API

Kumar

Hi All

I have to add elements to an existing XML Document which conforms to a
DTD.

Is there an some API which throws an exception when I append a node to
this document if it is not a valid location or element based on the
DTD.

My DTD is very specific on sequence of elements.

Since I have to insert many elements it is not an option for me to
insert all elements and at the end run validate on the document.

Thanks
kumar

Martin Honnen

Kumar said:
I have to add elements to an existing XML Document which conforms to a
DTD.

Is there an some API which throws an exception when I append a node to
this document if it is not a valid location or element based on the
DTD.

My DTD is very specific on sequence of elements.

Since I have to insert many elements it is not an option for me to
insert all elements and at the end run validate on the document.

I think the W3C DOM Level 3 which is currently being worked on attempts
to provide such an API
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-DOM-Level-3-Val-20030730/
I don't know whether there are any early implementations.