Help needed!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andreas Schachl, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Hello!

    Ive got hte following problem:

    I have to develop a Plug In for an already existing (java) software, which
    allows me to take data out of the system and display them in the outlook
    calendar. This Plug In should (!!!) work on win32 and apple (apple is no
    "must have").

    Im currently thinking about 3 ways to accomplish this:

    For communication with Outlook I would like to use COM, but it looks like
    that I will have to use middleware. I have already compared some products
    and I think that J-Integra fits best - the problem is that its quite
    expensive and this also increase the price of our product. Another way would
    be to write a DLL and communicate with the DLL via JNI. This would be
    cheaper, but my C / C++ skills arent very high and this solution would only
    fit for this special case. The third possibillity would be to use an
    existing implementation of a java calendar, but I havent found any suitable
    calendars until now.

    What do you think would be the best solution - anybody a different idea how
    to solve this problem?

    Thanks in advance!

    Andreas

    Andreas Schachl, Aug 19, 2003

  2. About 70% of the people here need help. Try using a title/subject that can
    tell us more and I might not ignore what you just wrote.

    Miguel De Anda, Aug 19, 2003