Help needed!

Andreas Schachl

Hello!

Ive got hte following problem:

I have to develop a Plug In for an already existing (java) software, which
allows me to take data out of the system and display them in the outlook
calendar. This Plug In should (!!!) work on win32 and apple (apple is no
"must have").

Im currently thinking about 3 ways to accomplish this:

For communication with Outlook I would like to use COM, but it looks like
that I will have to use middleware. I have already compared some products
and I think that J-Integra fits best - the problem is that its quite
expensive and this also increase the price of our product. Another way would
be to write a DLL and communicate with the DLL via JNI. This would be
cheaper, but my C / C++ skills arent very high and this solution would only
fit for this special case. The third possibillity would be to use an
existing implementation of a java calendar, but I havent found any suitable
calendars until now.

What do you think would be the best solution - anybody a different idea how
to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

Miguel De Anda

About 70% of the people here need help. Try using a title/subject that can
tell us more and I might not ignore what you just wrote.