    list. I can't get that done. I'm a newbie with java and I'd like to
    keep the code as simple and easy as possible because I need to
    understand it. How should I do it?

    Anu, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Anu

    Chris Smith Guest

    Anu wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with my Java applet? I need to a list with 3 rows
    > and Ok-button (with those I have no problems). When I choose one from
    > the list and press Ok-button, there should be an image next to the
    > list. I can't get that done. I'm a newbie with java and I'd like to
    > keep the code as simple and easy as possible because I need to
    > understand it. How should I do it?

    What do you have so far? What is going wrong with displaying the image?
    Are you targeting Java 1.1 or 1.4? (or something else?)

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Anu

    Anu Guest

    Chris Smith <> wrote in message news:<4.net>...
    > Anu wrote:
    > > Can anyone help me with my Java applet? I need to a list with 3 rows
    > > and Ok-button (with those I have no problems). When I choose one from
    > > the list and press Ok-button, there should be an image next to the
    > > list. I can't get that done. I'm a newbie with java and I'd like to
    > > keep the code as simple and easy as possible because I need to
    > > understand it. How should I do it?

    > What do you have so far? What is going wrong with displaying the image?
    > Are you targeting Java 1.1 or 1.4? (or something else?)

    So far I have only the list and the button. I don't know how to
    continue. I tried almost everything I know and nothign works. Can I
    get a simple code to study and try then with something else. This is
    how this task was given to me:

    "Do an applet with a list of 3 rows (cat, cow, dog) and OK-button.
    When the choise is made and pressed the ok-button, a picture of the
    animal comes visible next to the list. The background color is
    yellow."

    I have no problems to get the list done with the animals and I have
    the pictures ready, also the OK-button is no problem and the
    background color. The problem is how to get the picture visible when I
    choose one of the itmes in the list and press ok-button? Please, could
    someone get me the code that I could use to this.

    Anu, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Anu

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 16 Apr 2004 01:49:39 -0700, (Anu) wrote or
    quoted :

    >So far I have only the list and the button. I don't know how to
    >continue. I tried almost everything I know and nothign works. Can I
    >get a simple code to study and try then with something else. This is
    >how this task was given to me:

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/image.html

    You want the ImageViewer class, or something similar.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 19, 2004