Help Needed!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Snir, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Snir

    Snir Guest

    Hi All.

    I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
    web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
    ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

    I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
    bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
    placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
    OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:

    ***
    ***
    ***
    ***
    ***
    (NAVBAR ABOVE)

    SSS
    SSSSSSSSSSS
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    (CENTERED CONTENT)

    You see, I would like to know how to make my website look like the
    following:

    ***** 1111111111111
    *****
    ***** 1111111111111
    *****
    ***** 1111111111111
    (navbar) (centered content)

    IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
    THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!

    Your help is GREATLY appreciated,

    Snir Levi.

    Snir, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Snir

    Cameron Guest

    Snir wrote:
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
    > web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
    > ABSOLUTELY GREAT!
    >
    > I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
    > bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
    > placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
    > OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!! EG:

    <snip>
    > IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
    > THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!
    >
    > Your help is GREATLY appreciated,
    >
    > Snir Levi.

    Although I feel inclined to make ye olde crystal ball joke here, I will
    just say, it would take a lot of guessing to tell you what code not to
    put if we don't know what code you have put... i.e. where is the code?

    ~Cameron

    Cameron, Dec 22, 2003

    http://tw.ecritters.biz/html_examples/leftbar_center/

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Snir

    Jay Guest

    "Cameron" <> wrote in message
    > Snir wrote:

    <snip />

    > Although I feel inclined to make ye olde crystal ball joke here, I will
    > just say, it would take a lot of guessing to tell you what code not to
    > put if we don't know what code you have put... i.e. where is the code?

    The crystal ball could be retired if someone could just get their hands on
    Jonny Carson's mind-reading hat...

    Jay, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Snir

    rf Guest

    "Snir" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All.
    >
    > I have a question which may seem simple to those who are familiar with
    > web-design, so if you will please answer my question THAT'LL BE
    > ABSOLUTELY GREAT!

    There is no need to shout.

    > I am working on a website and I have generated a CSS-Based navigation
    > bar. I poster the code on the website, and I have a problem - I have
    > placed the navbar on the left side of my website, and now ALL OF MY
    > OTHER CONTENT THAT IS CENTERED APPEARS BELOW THE NAVIGATION BAR!!!

    There is no need to shout.

    <snip example>

    This example is insufficient to even attempt to quess what your problem is,
    such as:

    Did you float the navbar left?
    Did you provide a left hand margin for the content?

    Please post a URL to the site in question.

    > IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT CODE OR WHAT NOT I SHOULD PUT ON MY SOURCE,
    > THAT'LL BE ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL AND A WHOLE LOTTA HELP!

    There is no need to SHOUT!

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 23, 2003