    earlier help is highly appreciated..

    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyan
    kalyan, Jul 6, 2010

  2. kalyan

    kouPhax Guest

    > now after the submit click in page-1 i have to open up an window
    > showing the record number inserted like "Record 1 inserted"..."Record
    > 2 inserted"..etc...

    My suggestion isn't JavaScript related but surely hitting the DB 100+
    times sounds completely crazy. Why would you not push all the app
    layer data to the database and let it do all the grunt work. It'll
    generally be much more performant than having to go back and forward
    so many times. Many DB's will allow you to send XML or CSV data sets
    to stored procedures to achieve this. Obviously you won;t get
    constant feedback that you want but maybe you NEED that because of all
    the time wasted doing atomic calls to the DB.

    James
    kouPhax, Jul 6, 2010

  3. kalyan

    Evertjan. Guest

    kalyan wrote on 06 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I have two pages say page 1 and page 2...on clicking a button in
    > page-1...i mean during page sumbit...page 2 is called and some 100
    > records are inserted into database...then after the process page2 is
    > redirected to page1 and a message is displayed in page 1 like
    > "Insertion Completed"..
    >
    > now after the submit click in page-1 i have to open up an window
    > showing the record number inserted like "Record 1 inserted"..."Record
    > 2 inserted"..etc...
    >
    > can anybody help me how to achieve this via javascipt..

    This clearly is a serverside question,
    as your database surely resides on the server.

    Did you mean serverside javascript?

    > earlier help is highly appreciated..

    Google is your friend for earlier answers,
    we can only comment after you ask the OQ.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jul 6, 2010
  4. kalyan

    kalyan Guest

    On Jul 6, 12:57 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > kalyan wrote on 06 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > I have two pages say page 1 and page 2...on clicking a button in
    > > page-1...i mean during page sumbit...page 2 is called and some 100
    > > records are inserted into database...then after the process page2 is
    > > redirected to page1 and a message is displayed in page 1 like
    > > "Insertion Completed"..

    > > now after the submit click in page-1 i have to open up an window
    > > showing the record number inserted like "Record 1 inserted"..."Record
    > > 2 inserted"..etc...

    > > can anybody help me how to achieve this via javascipt..

    > This clearly is a serverside question,
    > as your database surely resides on the server.
    >
    > Did you mean serverside javascript?
    >
    > > earlier help is highly appreciated..

    > Google is your friend for earlier answers,
    > we can only comment after you ask the OQ.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    I can get the response for each record from DB via XMLHTTP and can
    assign it to a variable in javascript...i tried 2 refresh this script
    in the pop window using meta refresh...but it doesn't work..any other
    ideas...
    kalyan, Jul 6, 2010
  5. kalyan

    Evertjan. Guest

    kalyan wrote on 06 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Jul 6, 12:57 pm, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> kalyan wrote on 06 jul 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > I have two pages say page 1 and page 2...on clicking a button in
    >> > page-1...i mean during page sumbit...page 2 is called and some 100
    >> > records are inserted into database...then after the process page2 is
    >> > redirected to page1 and a message is displayed in page 1 like
    >> > "Insertion Completed"..

    >> > now after the submit click in page-1 i have to open up an window
    >> > showing the record number inserted like "Record 1

    inserted"..."Record
    >> > 2 inserted"..etc...

    >> > can anybody help me how to achieve this via javascipt..

    >> This clearly is a serverside question,
    >> as your database surely resides on the server.
    >>
    >> Did you mean serverside javascript?
    >>
    >> > earlier help is highly appreciated..

    >> Google is your friend for earlier answers,
    >> we can only comment after you ask the OQ.

    [please do not quote signatures on usenet]

    > I can get the response for each record from DB via XMLHTTP and can
    > assign it to a variable in javascript

    You could, but why use messy serverside solutions that are easily done
    serverside?

    > ...i tried 2 refresh this script

    [This is not SMS, please use ordinary language and only uusenet
    abbrivations.]

    > in the pop window using meta refresh...but it doesn't work..any other
    > ideas...

    How can we say if you just say "doesn't work"?

    Why would you want to refresh a javascript script?

    If you refresh a html page with javascript all clientside variables are
    lost but the cookies.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.