Help newWindow

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JDP@Work, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. JDP@Work

    JDP@Work Guest

    How do I control my new window to enable standard toolbars with the following
    code?

    Each report description gets a three character prefix.

    So if a report description is....
    SEV Sales Events By Representative

    It will display in the litSEV has a hyperlink passing in the report ID.

    The following hyperlink opens a 600 x 600 chromeless new window w/out a tool or
    menu bar.

    What I want is to have tool and menu bars.

    '-- snipit
    litTxt.Append("<a onfocus=" & qt & "this.blur();" & qt & " onclick=")
    litTxt.AppendFormat(qt &
    "NewWindow(this.href,'ReportOptions','600','600','no','center');return false;" &
    qt & vbCrLf)
    litTxt.AppendFormat("href=" & qt & "./reports/RptOptions.aspx")

    For Each item In items

    If item.Type = ItemTypeEnum.Report And item.Description <> Nothing
    Then

    If Left(item.Description, 3).ToString = "SEV" Then
    If Me.litSEV.Text = Nothing Then
    Me.litSEV.Text = "<br>"
    End If
    Me.litSEV.Text += litTxt.ToString
    Me.litSEV.Text += "?id=" & item.ID & qt & ">" &
    Mid(item.Description, 4, Len(item.Description)) & "</a><br>" & vbCrLf
    End If

    '... more lits follow......

    JDP@Work, Feb 7, 2005

  2. How do you implement the new window method?
    Generally, you would called window.open at the end of this newWindow method.
    Window.open has paramters where you could specify if you need toolbars,
    menubars, etc.
    Please review:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
    erence/methods/open_0.asp to know how to add set the toolbards and menubars
    for windoe.open

    Regards
    Mohamed El Ashmawy
    MEA Developer Support Center