    Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    Thanks a lot.

    Roberto

    Roberto Rasto, Apr 30, 2007

  2. Roberto Rasto

    red floyd Guest

    Roberto Rasto wrote:
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not so
    > little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    This is a FAQ.

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/compiler-dependencies.html#faq-38.4

    red floyd, Apr 30, 2007

  3. "Roberto Rasto" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not
    > so little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Roberto

    This and the things it links to may be of some interest to you.

    http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/rec.htm

    It is good that you've lowered your standards and don't want a "perfect"
    decompiler; because theoretically such a thing can't exist. Each source
    program has a unique machine-language representation under a certain
    compiler, but the reverse isn't true.

    I've never tried such a tool, but it should be possible to get function
    boundaries (although perhaps not the names), calling hierarchy, parameter
    numbers and types, local variables, loops and control flow, and a few other
    things.
    --
    David T. Ashley ()
    http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page)

    David T. Ashley, May 1, 2007
  4. Roberto Rasto

    saf Guest

    Roberto Rasto wrote:
    > I'm looking for a C Decompiler.
    > I don't looking for a perfect C decompiler, beacuse I only need to
    > understand the logic of the program do decompile, but the program is not so
    > little.
    > I tried RecStudio that normally works fine, but it hang on the
    > decompilation.
    >
    > Can someone help me to find a good decompiler?

    gdb of GNU.

    --
    saf

    saf, Jun 8, 2007