Help on compiled asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rabbit, Feb 11, 2009.

  1. rabbit

    rabbit Guest

    after compilation I get the following
    default.aspx, PrecompiledApp.config and bin folder with the .dll in it.

    default.aspx (Contains the following)
    This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not
    be deleted!

    PrecompiledApp.config (Contains the following)
    <precompiledApp version="2" updatable="false"/>

    Bin folder (Contains the following)
    ..dll

    When I upload the above to my Hosting and run it all I get is the
    This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not
    be deleted!

    but if run it from within the IDE of Visual Studio it runs fine

    can you please explain what else needs to be done in order to work in the
    hosting area.

    any Idea?

    Thanks
    rabbit, Feb 11, 2009

  2. rabbit

    George Guest

    Your project seems to not support ASP.NET cause it simply shows the content
    of default.aspx instead of running it through .NET engine.

    George.

    George, Feb 11, 2009