Help on Datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Surjit Madiwalar, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I am just learning ASP.NET. I am working on small project with ASP.NET & SQL
    Server 2000.

    I have a tables tb_shift & tb_shift_details.The tables structure is below.

    tb_shift
    ------------------
    shift_id shift_name
    ------------------
    1 US
    2 ASIA
    3 EU

    tb_shift_details
    shift_details_id shift_id user_id
    1 1 12
    2 1 10
    3 2 11
    4 2 13
    5 2 14
    6 3 15
    7 3 16
    8 3 17
    9 1 18
    10 2 19

    Below are my requirements :

    1. I want DataGrid Heading Columns to be from tb_shift table
    field(shift_name)
    2. I want DataGrid rows /items to be from tb_shift_details table
    3. Users(user_id) from tb_shift_details has to be placed in rows/items of
    DataGrid such a way that user matching shift_id in tb_shift_details has to
    placed under corresponding columns of DataGrid.

    My output should be like below:

    DataGrid

    ----------------------------
    US ASIA EU