help on deciding what platform to use - j2me jtapi wma etc

stan k.

I'm researching using j2me jtapi and wma...

i want to get some feedback to make sure i understand this correctly
but basically, if i want to access the cell phone's admin or protected
features such as call logs, i will have to use api specific to
whatever cell phone i'm developing for because j2me works in a sandbox
and doesn't have access to private things such as that. also assuming
i can use jtapi to get at the call logs, i then have the choice of
using sms (wma) or j2me's http stream or irda for infrared or whatever
to send it over to a pc...

if this is the case that i can't really make an app to do this that
will work on more than one cell phone model, are there any plans in
the future - say for jtapi development to allow general hayes AT
commands to be sent to the cell phone to allow things like this to be
done?

thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide..