Help on Profile Provider

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruno Alexandre, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Hi Guys,

    My Hosting company does not support SQL2005 so I need to use Access MDB
    File or SQL2000, and I'm having problems set this up under web.config

    I'm using:
    ------------------------------
    <profile>
    <providers>
    <add name="BrinksterProfile"
    type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider"
    connectionStringName="BrinksterConn"
    applicationName="/"
    description="SqlProfileProvider for SampleApplication" />
    </providers>
    </profile>
    ------------------------------
    And I get this error:
    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
    connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
    under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
    (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating
    Server/Instance Specified)
    Can anyone tell me exactly how Can I set an SQL or Access File for Profile
    using? (I perfer the Access, cause I just have 100Mb in SQL and I need it
    for the application data)

    Thank you in Advance.

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in Denmark)