help on relational operators

warrior85

hello,

I am new to this group.

I am doing self study using a book "C by example" by Mr.Greg
Perry.Currently am in the end of chapter 9 of the book which is about
relational operators.

I tried to compile a program which gives me errors. I tried to compile
it in different compilers but I get the same error.I tried to debug on
my own but my effort failed.Also I checked about the error to see
whether it has been posted elsewhere but couldnt find it anywhere and
hence decided to post it here.

I use CodeBlocks IDE which uses GCC compiler . I also tried it in
Bloodshed Dev C++.

The build log is ,

-------------- Build: Debug in c811 ---------------

Compiling: c811.c
D:\c programs\c811\c811.c: In function `main':
D:\c programs\c811\c811.c:42: error: stray '\166' in program
D:\c programs\c811\c811.c:42: error: stray '\166' in program
D:\c programs\c811\c811.c:42: error: called object is not a function
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
3 errors, 0 warnings

I have uploaded the program as a text file and the link is ,

http://www.uploading.com/files/HZDO7BO9/program.txt.html

Kindly help.

regards.

Ian Collins

warrior85 said:
hello,

I am new to this group.

I have uploaded the program as a text file and the link is ,
Please post the code rather than a link.

Werner Wenzel

Ian said:
Please post the code rather than a link.

As Ian wrote, the next time please post the code.

Anyway:

You are having a problem with the character '|' ("vertical line") which
has the code 0x7C.

Your program uses a similar character with the code 0xA6. Your compiler
doesn't recognize a "similar" character.

What language is your keyboard made for?

What keys did you use to enter this character?

Werner

warrior85

You are having a problem with the character '|' ("vertical line") which
has the code 0x7C.
Your program uses a similar character with the code 0xA6. Your compiler
doesn't recognize a "similar" character.

Thank you so much for the explanation .Now there is more clarity in my
understanding.
As Ian wrote, the next time please post the code.

Yes ,from next time i ll post the code. First I thought pasting the
code here will be very lengthy and thought it would frustrate the
reader.So thats why I put it as a seperate text file.
What language is your keyboard made for?
My keyboard is german.
What keys did you use to enter this character?
I did not type the program. It was an example program in chapter 9
from the book that am reading. I also have that e-book.So i copied the
program and tried to run it....

Regards.

Thad Smith

warrior85 said:
My keyboard is german.

I did not type the program. It was an example program in chapter 9
from the book that am reading. I also have that e-book.So i copied the
program and tried to run it....

Consider notifying the publisher of the error.