Help on WebService dynamic URL : http error 404 ???

serge calderara

Dear all,

I have build an application with a web service on my local machine.
All works fine

Then I set the web reference to use dynamic url, which automatically update
my application webconfig file by adding:

<appSettings>
<add key="ServiceClient.localhost2.ReelInfo"
value="http://nomos_srvr/WebService/ReelInfo.asmx"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Then I build 2 web setup project to deploy application and Web service on my
production server running Server 2003

When I try to reach my web application, I get an HTTP error 404 at the time
it try to reach the web service.

If I browse directly to my ASMX file return available function
if I place an aspx page test.aspx at the same location of my asmx file and
call that test page, it is displayed properly

What coul dit be that my web service cannot be located and open ?

thnaks for your help
regards
serge