Help on WebService dynamic URL : http error 404 ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by serge calderara, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. Dear all,

    I have build an application with a web service on my local machine.
    All works fine

    Then I set the web reference to use dynamic url, which automatically update
    my application webconfig file by adding:

    <appSettings>
    <add key="ServiceClient.localhost2.ReelInfo"
    value="http://nomos_srvr/WebService/ReelInfo.asmx"/>
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

    Then I build 2 web setup project to deploy application and Web service on my
    production server running Server 2003

    When I try to reach my web application, I get an HTTP error 404 at the time
    it try to reach the web service.

    If I browse directly to my ASMX file return available function
    if I place an aspx page test.aspx at the same location of my asmx file and
    call that test page, it is displayed properly

    What coul dit be that my web service cannot be located and open ?

    thnaks for your help
    regards
    serge

    serge calderara, Nov 24, 2005